View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 02:49 AM   #23
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

^^ I agree with you on some points.

This is my 5th tool show since 1997 and i can honestly say it was the worst. Every show prior to this one, i felt uplifted, tingly throughout. But tonight’s show just seemed boring, i think the band was pretty unenthused. Maynard rarely spoke, which i know is maynardesque but usually he has some positive words to say that make you think, and you take home with you. This time its just "im sick" and im going to jack off in the trailer.. wow inspiring nard!

I thought the sound was pretty shitty too, maybe its where I sat but you couldnt really pick much out, it was muddled together and just plain LOUD in a bad way. Tool has been loud before, but not to the point where it affects sound quality. The croud here in LA didnt seem too enthusiastic, not too many people got off their asses where i was (right of the stage, in some bleachers) There was this one chick on X who was quite fun to watch, she was really getting into 10,000 days. She would sway and rub her tits and do some very sexual things, i even caught a peek at her when she was rubbing her 'fun zone' for a couple of seconds.

The video's were boring, im disappointed there was no video for Rosetta stoned this time. I liked the old lateralus setup, very colorful and the two tv screens were the best setup IMO.

Anyways, i will always be a fan and will continue to support them live, i just hope next tour picks up a bit. I remember the second go around of lateralus was better than their first, so hopefully this is the same case