View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Ok this was my 7th Tool show since 2001. Isis were great, short but sweet set. I was really dissapointed by some things. The band was dead on most of the time. The sound was horrible though, too loud and everything was echoing becoming a huge wall of noise at times. Danny's drums sounded really bad for some reason. I'm guessing cause Staples Center's sound suck ass. It's meant for basketball and hockey not music.

Maynard obviously doesn't give a shit anymore and it shows, he was so unanimated and off-key a lot, messed up some lyrics. Maybe cause he was sick? He just seems like a rockstar asshole now. The light shows (lasers, christmas lights) were extremly tacky, cheap and stupid. Something you'd expect to see at a Def Lepperd show in 1987. Videos were impossible to see from the floor.

Overall band played great with shitty sound/shitty Maynard and you should wait until they change the bad stage set-up to see them live if you haven't yet.

P.S. - Wings was truthfully kind of boring, most people left to take bathroom breaks and stuff like that during the whole thing.
OFFLINE |