Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (with Intro)
AEnema
-Intermission-
Lateralus (w/ drum duel)
Vicarious

My 8th show in 5 states

I must say hands down this was the best show I've seen since 02. And I saw Coachella 06 and saw them play Pushit in Tucson. But as far as the last three years have gone this was out of control. First off the venue was nice, with the Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty. The beer gardens were fine and the bathrooms were accessible, even though there was a wicked line for one set of bathrooms, and another set was like 50 yards away with no line (some people not so bright). The parking was fine as well. I started off seeing Kool Keith which was rad as he did some Dr. Octagon stuff. St. Vincent, Neko Case and the little dance floor were nice. I heard Gogol Bordello and MBV from the beer gardens.

Throughout the night I spent most of my 100 bucks on 9 or 7 dollar beers, and a poster. I also by the end of the night had taken a morhpine, some dexto, and some tramadol, so I was having a kicking time.

Even though the set list was exactly the same, this was far and away better energy than 07. MJK didn't really say anything other than something in the beginning about thanks for coming. He did say a few things towards the end of the show around Aenima and after the guest drummer came out. But the energy of the show itself was unbelievable. I just felt like the four of them were just so in tune with each other and were happy to be there. Maynard felt really in the moment to me rather than going through the motions. We snuck pretty close to stage middle, considering we just rushed as soon as soon as 9:45 hit.

But the lighting and new visuals were outstanding. That's what brought it to a climax. The lighting was synched to new songs including Aenima and Lateralus and RS. It was like a whole new show with that aspect. The songs may have been the same, but the show was completely different. Tool was laid back in it came through in a powerful way, something I haven't seen from them before. They really just let loose.

I was so hyped to get Jambi, an awesome opener. Flood and RS are always my highlights. But RS, Lateralus and Aenima were totally out of control, just way better than they always are. And I was really pumped about the extended bridge again in Schism and the OTRM for Stinkfist.

It was just an epic show, and my ex and I just kept trading looks like this was fucking unreal. We've seen Tool together 6 times in four years. I wasn't expecting anything magnificent, but that's what we got. A show that rivaled all other 7 shows I've seen. And I saw them on my birthday in 07, but this was just fucking awesome. I'm glad I'm only seeing them once for this mimi tour, because If I had some them earlier it would have tainted my experience.

Sorry to the folks around me who got in the way of my crazy antics during flood, jambi and stinkfist. I was surprised more people weren't going ape, but to each there own. Thank you Tool for putting it out on the line and fucking rocking my face. And thank you for playing the whole set with Vicarious even though it was a festival and not skimping out on the set list. I love festivals, drinking, music all day, and the anticipation of Tool at night. I love Tool, but this show really made me realize why.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #40
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: The Gulch Jerome, Airport Mesa, Sedona. No longer Eugene, OR. Now Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn
Bincount™: 28
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist (O.T.R.M)
46&2
Schism (Extended/Sped Up Bridge)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (with Intro)
AEnema
-Intermission-
Lateralus (w/ drum duel)
Vicarious

My 8th show in 5 states

I must say hands down this was the best show I've seen since 02. And I saw Coachella 06 and saw them play Pushit in Tucson. But as far as the last three years have gone this was out of control. First off the venue was nice, with the Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty. The beer gardens were fine and the bathrooms were accessible, even though there was a wicked line for one set of bathrooms, and another set was like 50 yards away with no line (some people not so bright). The parking was fine as well. I started off seeing Kool Keith which was rad as he did some Dr. Octagon stuff. St. Vincent, Neko Case and the little dance floor were nice. I heard Gogol Bordello and MBV from the beer gardens.

Throughout the night I spent most of my 100 bucks on 9 or 7 dollar beers, and a poster. I also by the end of the night had taken a morhpine, some dexto, and some tramadol, so I was having a kicking time.

Even though the set list was exactly the same, this was far and away better energy than 07. MJK didn't really say anything other than something in the beginning about thanks for coming. He did say a few things towards the end of the show around Aenima and after the guest drummer came out. But the energy of the show itself was unbelievable. I just felt like the four of them were just so in tune with each other and were happy to be there. Maynard felt really in the moment to me rather than going through the motions. We snuck pretty close to stage middle, considering we just rushed as soon as soon as 9:45 hit.

But the lighting and new visuals were outstanding. That's what brought it to a climax. The lighting was synched to new songs including Aenima and Lateralus and RS. It was like a whole new show with that aspect. The songs may have been the same, but the show was completely different. Tool was laid back in it came through in a powerful way, something I haven't seen from them before. They really just let loose.

I was so hyped to get Jambi, an awesome opener. Flood and RS are always my highlights. But RS, Lateralus and Aenima were totally out of control, just way better than they always are. And I was really pumped about the extended bridge again in Schism and the OTRM for Stinkfist.

It was just an epic show, and my ex and I just kept trading looks like this was fucking unreal. We've seen Tool together 6 times in four years. I wasn't expecting anything magnificent, but that's what we got. A show that rivaled all other 7 shows I've seen. And I saw them on my birthday in 07, but this was just fucking awesome. I'm glad I'm only seeing them once for this mimi tour, because If I had some them earlier it would have tainted my experience.

Sorry to the folks around me who got in the way of my crazy antics during flood, jambi and stinkfist. I was surprised more people weren't going ape, but to each there own. Thank you Tool for putting it out on the line and fucking rocking my face. And thank you for playing the whole set with Vicarious even though it was a festival and not skimping out on the set list. I love festivals, drinking, music all day, and the anticipation of Tool at night. I love Tool, but this show really made me realize why.