View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 12:34 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/05 - Bakersfield, CA - Rabobank Arena

This was my first Tool "solo" trip. I am an old fuck at 33 and most of my friends are too lame to go to Tool shows anymore. So why would someone drive from San Diego to PIT of the Earth Bakersfield alone with no air conditioner? Because I love Tool and didn't want to go to that hopeless fucking hole we call LA.. I haven't been to Bakersfield since like '90 and didn't realize that I was going into Meth Town USA. I got the nice Arab rape job at the Liquor store and had to fend off like 8 bumbs to get back to my truck. I decided to get a hotel at the Best Western across the street from Robabank Arena and do my own pre party.. These days I just like to have some brew and maybe some good bud.. I have taken enough shrooms and LSD at Tool shows that I can just tap back into it... Basically Summon the flow of trippyness..

I got to my seat and which was seat 2 in the row. This very nice lookin chick was by herself and sat next to me. She was kind of in the same boat as me. Lame friends and Tool concert Solo. I tried to start talking to her about Tool but things weren't clicking.. I told her I really was excited to see "Right in Two" live and I got a blank stare. Ok.. this was getting lame.. And then she said " Well... I am more into Perfect Circle than Tool so I don't know a lof of the songs......"...............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....
lame....lame...lame...lamo...
Nothing like sitting next to a hot chick who doesn't know shit about Tool and was more interested in checking her Text messages. So I tried one more time and asked her If I could buy her a drink and I got a very direct "NO".. ..dude not my night.. I was thinking about that AC/DC song.. "Ain't it a shame,
To be shot down in flames? That was me .. BUT FUCK IT.. at least I tried..

Onto the show... After Stinkfist started and got up immediately and the people in my section were all sitting down. I was like .. what the fuck? People at a Tool concert sitting down ?? And the guy and his chick next to me just sat there eating popcorn..?? This is not what I am used to when I see Tool in my hometown of San Diego.. These people were either too burned out on Meth or just lame like that chick next to me..And nobody near me knew any of the lyrics..just blank looks.. I immediately moved down to the front railing near the Sound area.

The sound was very muffled like that when they play at Cox Sports arena in San Diego.. Even though I love seeing Tool in any capacity.. Being there by myself was kind of cool.. I just took it all in and embraced every moment. My highlight of course was "Right in Two".. The song is very powerful live. and Rosetta Stoned simply kicked ass.. and yes to that lamo dude next to me.. yes it is.. "GODDAM SHIT THE BED. " asshole..

To sum it up..
I love Tool so much I will drive 4 Hours to Meth Town USA in 100degree heat with no airconditioner and get blown off by a hot chick who doesn't know shit about TOOL.. OH YEAH.. And I will also to that Steroid Freak who decided to start lifting weights at 3:30AM to prove how much of a DIPSHIT you were.. FUCK YOU.. Usually when I hear someone grunt at 3:30am in a hotel its someone having sex and doesn';t last for 2 hours.. I hope one of those Weights falls onto of your head and you have permanent brain damage.. I am sure its just days until your GONADS start shriveling up inside you.. Keep taking those ROIDS FUCKER.

TOOL RULES
GDOG
OFFLINE |