View Single Post
Dispoflection
02-08-2012, 06:48 AM

Good show. Better than 07 and 09. But it’s hard not to be taken seriously when Aenima is so dominant. Pushit and Lateralus were much better than usual. Very tight. HWAP is obviously special.

Long gone are the guys who brought us celestial ecstasy in 2001. And the bad-asses of 98 who dominated with controlled aggression.

Many pros and cons to last night’s show. (Danny was perfect as always.)
Pros: got to hear Adam cranked to 10 for the first time. Cons: Justin was up to 11.
I was getting more bass distortion than actual notes. That flat, warbled buzz ruined all chances for a bass-guitar harmony. I’d be pissed if that was my first Tool show. Maybe I was just too close to the speakers. Parabola is usually a highlight, but not this time. Luckily, I know it was the soundboard guy who muffed it, not the band. Again, I might have been too close, but I was really expecting to get a correction at any moment. The small venue is also a culprit, no doubt. Intension was a let-down for me personally. I was expecting more from it. Other than that, everyone liked the new material and the slight changes in each song. Overall very satisfying, and time flew by faster than ever.

I’m not sure what to expect from the next album – or the next tour. Here’s hoping for a great Schism-free set that runs longer than 99 minutes.

Good show.

Last edited by Dispoflection; 02-08-2012 at 06:57 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.07.2012 - Orlando, FL @ UCF Arena

Good show. Better than 07 and 09. But it’s hard not to be taken seriously when Aenima is so dominant. Pushit and Lateralus were much better than usual. Very tight. HWAP is obviously special.

Long gone are the guys who brought us celestial ecstasy in 2001. And the bad-asses of 98 who dominated with controlled aggression.

Many pros and cons to last night’s show. (Danny was perfect as always.)
Pros: got to hear Adam cranked to 10 for the first time. Cons: Justin was up to 11.
I was getting more bass distortion than actual notes. That flat, warbled buzz ruined all chances for a bass-guitar harmony. I’d be pissed if that was my first Tool show. Maybe I was just too close to the speakers. Parabola is usually a highlight, but not this time. Luckily, I know it was the soundboard guy who muffed it, not the band. Again, I might have been too close, but I was really expecting to get a correction at any moment. The small venue is also a culprit, no doubt. Intension was a let-down for me personally. I was expecting more from it. Other than that, everyone liked the new material and the slight changes in each song. Overall very satisfying, and time flew by faster than ever.

I’m not sure what to expect from the next album – or the next tour. Here’s hoping for a great Schism-free set that runs longer than 99 minutes.

Good show.

Last edited by Dispoflection; 02-08-2012 at 06:57 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote