View Single Post
Expurg8d
01-15-2012, 04:13 PM

I enjoyed the show, it was a good performance. I liked it a lot more than the last show in Reno. Maynard seemed his usual self, hiding in the background. His vocals were very good and crisp, anyone notice he changed the lyrics to "hooker with a penis" from "dope beastie t" to "slip knot t"? The irony of starting the show with "hooker" was hilarious as the fans sang along with "buy my new record, send more money, fuck you buddy!". The line to get inside the venue was ridiculous. I gave up walking away from the entrance and just walked a 1/2mile back to hang out in front.... I as inside in 5 minutes after security opened a new line (shrug), in my 4rth row seat in 10 min right before the show started at 9pm. Tool played for their usual 1:20, the music was worth it, the visuals made it much more fun. I didn't enjoy the seating with security all over keeping people from smoking up during "the pot" but there were a lot of Reno basement rats running up to the front and causing problems. I think Maynard should've interacted with the crowd more, at least insult us or turn your back on us; but if he isn't feeling it I think his performance stands on its own. Ticks and Leeches was a special treat, not enough to make a $50 t-shirt seem worth it but I will see them again the next time I can.

Last edited by Expurg8d; 01-15-2012 at 04:16 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

I enjoyed the show, it was a good performance. I liked it a lot more than the last show in Reno. Maynard seemed his usual self, hiding in the background. His vocals were very good and crisp, anyone notice he changed the lyrics to "hooker with a penis" from "dope beastie t" to "slip knot t"? The irony of starting the show with "hooker" was hilarious as the fans sang along with "buy my new record, send more money, fuck you buddy!". The line to get inside the venue was ridiculous. I gave up walking away from the entrance and just walked a 1/2mile back to hang out in front.... I as inside in 5 minutes after security opened a new line (shrug), in my 4rth row seat in 10 min right before the show started at 9pm. Tool played for their usual 1:20, the music was worth it, the visuals made it much more fun. I didn't enjoy the seating with security all over keeping people from smoking up during "the pot" but there were a lot of Reno basement rats running up to the front and causing problems. I think Maynard should've interacted with the crowd more, at least insult us or turn your back on us; but if he isn't feeling it I think his performance stands on its own. Ticks and Leeches was a special treat, not enough to make a $50 t-shirt seem worth it but I will see them again the next time I can.

Last edited by Expurg8d; 01-15-2012 at 04:16 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote