View Single Post
iscar
01-26-2011, 09:28 PM

Enjoyed it. Agreed with whats been said about them not being a great BDO band, but i cant complain, it was my only opportunity to see them short of long and expensive travel.

I haven't really been looking at setlists so i had no idea what to expect. Third Eye really caught me off guard. It seemed a little rough initially, but was pretty good all up. Third Eye really threw confused a lot of the crowd too. I saw a lot of people leaving the crowd during it. Quote of the day went to the guy behind me who after Third Eye had finished yelled "this is shit, play something oldschool... we want oldschool tool". Thats big day out for you though. I've learned to just ignore it.

I think from intolerance onwards the crowd was getting into it more, and the band was dialed.

Any idea what the big "3" was on the piece of paper Maynard was showing the crowd? Something to do with the setlist? i dont know. Lastly like someone else mentioned, Maynard didn't seem _that_ into it, passed up on a few screams and often didn't move much. I could easily put this down to it being bid day out tho, I cant blame him.

Last edited by iscar; 01-26-2011 at 09:32 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.11 - Big Day Out - Sydney

Enjoyed it. Agreed with whats been said about them not being a great BDO band, but i cant complain, it was my only opportunity to see them short of long and expensive travel.

I haven't really been looking at setlists so i had no idea what to expect. Third Eye really caught me off guard. It seemed a little rough initially, but was pretty good all up. Third Eye really threw confused a lot of the crowd too. I saw a lot of people leaving the crowd during it. Quote of the day went to the guy behind me who after Third Eye had finished yelled "this is shit, play something oldschool... we want oldschool tool". Thats big day out for you though. I've learned to just ignore it.

I think from intolerance onwards the crowd was getting into it more, and the band was dialed.

Any idea what the big "3" was on the piece of paper Maynard was showing the crowd? Something to do with the setlist? i dont know. Lastly like someone else mentioned, Maynard didn't seem _that_ into it, passed up on a few screams and often didn't move much. I could easily put this down to it being bid day out tho, I cant blame him.

Last edited by iscar; 01-26-2011 at 09:32 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote