View Single Post
LEJend's Avatar LEJend
07-16-2010, 10:50 PM

Show was fucking awesome! Can't believe how tight and hard those dudes still play. Didn't think they'd top last time I saw 'em but was pleasantly blown away. Starting with Third Eye, complete with intro? Sneaking in The Patient and Intolerance! Haven't seen Intolerance since Lola*** main stage way back when, and hearing the end of The Patient live for the first time had me slack-jawed. Completely blew my mind and expectations out the door. Glad they dropped the full-on 10k Days promo set and mixed it up some.

Visuals were great but this time I was side-stage right, looking straight down at the players and ground crew so that was a nice change or perspective (was dead center in middle of floor last time). Did notice some trippy new visuals on the screens when I glanced over, but was stoked to see so much of the band's interaction from behind the scenes. Could see Adam's fingers muting chords and tweaking notes where I thought he used foot pedals instead; figured out some parts where Danny wasn't double-basing as I had thought he was. Maynard was spot-on for this show, really into it and the mix at that arena is top-notch. Justin fat-fingered a few notes but that just makes it more of a show. Only thing perfect was being there to see it.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 459
Re: 07.15.2010 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

Show was fucking awesome! Can't believe how tight and hard those dudes still play. Didn't think they'd top last time I saw 'em but was pleasantly blown away. Starting with Third Eye, complete with intro? Sneaking in The Patient and Intolerance! Haven't seen Intolerance since Lola*** main stage way back when, and hearing the end of The Patient live for the first time had me slack-jawed. Completely blew my mind and expectations out the door. Glad they dropped the full-on 10k Days promo set and mixed it up some.

Visuals were great but this time I was side-stage right, looking straight down at the players and ground crew so that was a nice change or perspective (was dead center in middle of floor last time). Did notice some trippy new visuals on the screens when I glanced over, but was stoked to see so much of the band's interaction from behind the scenes. Could see Adam's fingers muting chords and tweaking notes where I thought he used foot pedals instead; figured out some parts where Danny wasn't double-basing as I had thought he was. Maynard was spot-on for this show, really into it and the mix at that arena is top-notch. Justin fat-fingered a few notes but that just makes it more of a show. Only thing perfect was being there to see it.