View Single Post
parabol37
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM

This show was amazing! After "Hooker with a Penis" Maynard said, "Is everybody here?" and I knew that he was gonna have a good night. I think his voice is sounding very good now. He sang bits of the "Staring down the hole again" part. Like the first couple words of that line and "Survival." He was having a good time. He was moving a bit with the music and seemed into it. He really belted out a lot of stuff too.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get Ticks... I wonder if they're done with that for this tour? Sober sounded really good though. I always wish that they'd play for longer, but that's not gonna happen, and it's probably better to keep people wanting more.

Adam, Justin, and Danny are all amazing. Maynard waved to the crowd for a while from his platform at the end, then fist pounded Danny and left. Visuals were amazing. Their show really builds so much visually. The green lasers at the "tidal waves" part in Aenima are amazing. Love the red and yellow lasers/lights coming in at the "red and yellow then came to be" part of Lateralus.

I honestly think that some people on this forum are being too critical of these shows. Maynard stands in the shadows. So what? He has done that for a long time, and I don't see why it matters much. Nothing about the show was "phoned in." Schism and 26 & 2 both sounded so alive and fresh even though they've been doing those a long time. I don't really know what people expect from Maynard.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.03.2012 - Hampton, VA @ Hampton Coliseum

This show was amazing! After "Hooker with a Penis" Maynard said, "Is everybody here?" and I knew that he was gonna have a good night. I think his voice is sounding very good now. He sang bits of the "Staring down the hole again" part. Like the first couple words of that line and "Survival." He was having a good time. He was moving a bit with the music and seemed into it. He really belted out a lot of stuff too.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get Ticks... I wonder if they're done with that for this tour? Sober sounded really good though. I always wish that they'd play for longer, but that's not gonna happen, and it's probably better to keep people wanting more.

Adam, Justin, and Danny are all amazing. Maynard waved to the crowd for a while from his platform at the end, then fist pounded Danny and left. Visuals were amazing. Their show really builds so much visually. The green lasers at the "tidal waves" part in Aenima are amazing. Love the red and yellow lasers/lights coming in at the "red and yellow then came to be" part of Lateralus.

I honestly think that some people on this forum are being too critical of these shows. Maynard stands in the shadows. So what? He has done that for a long time, and I don't see why it matters much. Nothing about the show was "phoned in." Schism and 26 & 2 both sounded so alive and fresh even though they've been doing those a long time. I don't really know what people expect from Maynard.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote