View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #1805
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawslev View Post
Interesting.
I have not once been interested in checking the production credits or recording engineers since Undertow.
I liked the B Horror/ Simple mechanisms used to capture that album.
Aenima was well recorded, though for a long time I hated its 'stuffiness'.... the details did indeed still shine through, in brilliant textures and nearly hidden hooky parts.

I dislike the lack of subtle flex in the latest two albums.
I dislike feeling like I am listening to a more interesting Dream Theatre or even worse, Iron Maiden album. BLECH!

Now, I give credit where it is due: Irom Maiden makes money, and Dream Theater is a very talent-laden device, and I can APPRECIATE AND ENJOY them sometimes,

but damnit,
I want my tool all off- kilter/ less than perfect/ and such.... not all " i can appreciate the talent' and shxt.

which brings me to this point:

I think there is a bit of genius in the last two recordings...
When I have had access to superior sound reproduction equimpment,
I have been able to EMULATE the feel or vibe of the older albums, FROM WITHIN the mix of the newer ones.

I wonder what a True Studio Owner/Audiophile with the equipment and love would say?

Oh well.
Poop.

Um,
while I am not getting off much on the last two albums,
I can understand them, and appreciate them.

But damnit,
that is not why I fell in love with this band.

I fell in love with this band because this band, TOOL, did everything I ever wanted to do with my music, and damn near did it well enough to make me quit: (instead I did drugs for 10 years suffering from depression related to not creating the band tool before they did), but I have perseverred(spelling), and now march forward.

in less than 365 days,
I will be proficient in composing music with simple paper and writing tool,
which I am working towards just to make my guitar work so deep and my guitar playing toolbox so full,
that I may simply get in front of people, or in a soundbooth,
and spontaneously erect perfect chunks of whatever-the-fuck-comes-to-mind-within-the-borders, or create improvisational composition of great vision at a whim, and at will;
of course,
in order to attract the best in the known cosm/universe/metacosm/energy field we know of as life on Earth, to do something to PAY HONOR TO These Prior Masters!

Shit, if it were not for TOOL, I would have joined Marilyn Manson in '95...(long story)

anyway:

my $0.02.

I want, nay, DEMAND, this next TOOL album crush all doubters, all enemies, torch all expectations, shit upon all radio conglomerates,(spelling?)
and create a new world order for the next 10 years, (till I take over.)

Peace Out,

Massa B D S
Interesting post.
OFFLINE |