View Single Post
Illuminus's Avatar Illuminus
06-19-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
That show at The Gorge was amazing! The visuals just keep getting better and better. I hope they come back to the Gorge sooner than the every 10 year schedule that they have been on. The last 3 times Tool came to The Gorge was 1997, 2006 and 2017.
That 2006 Gorge show was great, and from what I remember it was towards the very start of the first 10,000 Days run. Only downside to that show was the visuals were pretty minimal. Like some light drape type of thing? Either way, you can't beat the Gorge as a setting for a Tool show.

Just saw them here in Boise last night. What a fucking show. I didnt think they could top the last leg of the 10,000 days arena visuals back in December 2007 when I saw them here, but the full LED backdrop/panels they are using now is so fucking amazing. Makes the stage so HUGE.

Highlights for me from last night...

- Opiate's extended middle "post rock" sounding section and the cathedral stained glass visuals
- Descending's visuals and the lead in to Jambi
- Danny's solo and visuals (staring into the sigillum was extremely hypnotic with Danny's playing)
- Justin rocking the fuck out
- Being reminded how much I love the video for Vicarious
- Stinkfist as an ender had so much energy (and the once again confetti bombs at the end)
Old 06-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #5644
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
That show at The Gorge was amazing! The visuals just keep getting better and better. I hope they come back to the Gorge sooner than the every 10 year schedule that they have been on. The last 3 times Tool came to The Gorge was 1997, 2006 and 2017.
That 2006 Gorge show was great, and from what I remember it was towards the very start of the first 10,000 Days run. Only downside to that show was the visuals were pretty minimal. Like some light drape type of thing? Either way, you can't beat the Gorge as a setting for a Tool show.

Just saw them here in Boise last night. What a fucking show. I didnt think they could top the last leg of the 10,000 days arena visuals back in December 2007 when I saw them here, but the full LED backdrop/panels they are using now is so fucking amazing. Makes the stage so HUGE.

Highlights for me from last night...

- Opiate's extended middle "post rock" sounding section and the cathedral stained glass visuals
- Descending's visuals and the lead in to Jambi
- Danny's solo and visuals (staring into the sigillum was extremely hypnotic with Danny's playing)
- Justin rocking the fuck out
- Being reminded how much I love the video for Vicarious
- Stinkfist as an ender had so much energy (and the once again confetti bombs at the end)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote