View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #37
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95
Re: Brokers selling tix.,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_wh0re
I don't think that people don't care, it's just like anything else that's fucked up and beyond your control: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.
See, that's the thing. It's not beyond their control. I really don't think they give a shit, and I think Maynard's response confirms that.

Tool is at a level of stardom where they can basically give their fans a big "fuck you" and they will still hit the top of the charts and sell out shows. They are famous enough now to rely solely on band loyalty to keep the money rolling in.

Tom Waits' tour next month, for example. His shows sell out right quick (he's actually playing here in Chicago the same place I saw Tool at), but the shows are Will Call, which means that only people actually buying the tickets will get in. Meaning no scalping.

These are simple measures to take to protect your fans from getting screwed over price, and so I reiterate: Tool doesn't care about their fans. Not that I care, I got into the last show for free and I ain't going to this one. I just wish to correct the view that it's "beyond their control."
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote