View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
12-05-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Still waiting for a PNW show. I'm not down for a 16 hour drive.
Round trip Sea-tac to Phoenix: $74.58 (spirit airlines)
Single concert ticket in lower section 114 plus fees: $120ish
(Also, my mom’s birthday is the day after the show and she’s in AZ... so that helped me justify the trip to the wife.) But coming in under $200 out-the-door is pretty reasonable.

Just like Denver a month ago- it cost me more to see them in my own state in 2017. At The Gorge: add 2 tanks of gas, a camping ticket, and $100 in the ice chest. Even to see them at key arena in Seattle I’m paying ferry/bridge tolls, parking/Uber... it all adds up.

Now that I think about it, most of the Tool shows I’ve seen, I traveled to... and the cost of traveling is usually less than face value concert tickets. Plus, Tool is the only reason I have ever been to

Chicago
San Francisco
San Diego
Denver
Las Vegas

</wakeandbakecoffeeramblings>
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 12-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #6800
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Still waiting for a PNW show. I'm not down for a 16 hour drive.
Round trip Sea-tac to Phoenix: $74.58 (spirit airlines)
Single concert ticket in lower section 114 plus fees: $120ish
(Also, my mom’s birthday is the day after the show and she’s in AZ... so that helped me justify the trip to the wife.) But coming in under $200 out-the-door is pretty reasonable.

Just like Denver a month ago- it cost me more to see them in my own state in 2017. At The Gorge: add 2 tanks of gas, a camping ticket, and $100 in the ice chest. Even to see them at key arena in Seattle I’m paying ferry/bridge tolls, parking/Uber... it all adds up.

Now that I think about it, most of the Tool shows I’ve seen, I traveled to... and the cost of traveling is usually less than face value concert tickets. Plus, Tool is the only reason I have ever been to

Chicago
San Francisco
San Diego
Denver
Las Vegas

</wakeandbakecoffeeramblings>
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote