View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #6314
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
I'll be going to Melbourne. Being in Adelaide i don't think lining up is really an option, so I'll be trying via phone and online. Don't have high hopes though, link in 2007 I reckon this will see out in minutes, and there's even more pressure on ticket sales now that Sydney ain't happening.

I think paying a scalper in Ebay is probably in my future....

Yeah, for the 2007 shows, my partner and I queued up from about 7pm the night before. We were 3rd and 4th in line, I got our Sydney tickets, she got our Melbourne tickets.

No reason why you can't queue up in front of a ticketmaster in Adelaide, though?

(I'm just glad the BEC goes through Ticketek... So much better then Ticketmaster, and a lot more outlets in Sydney)

I'd recommend it. As you probably know, the Myer Bowl has a small seated area at the front, and the vast bulk of the tickets are standing at the rear.

Sitting in the front would be probably the best possible and most intimate Tool experience you could have in Australia, but unless you were front of a queue, I'd say those 2000 or so tickets would be gone in seconds and you'd have to watch from the standing area.

(Still awesome from back there, that where I was in 07, but couldn't help but be envious of those in front of me all show)

Also, to get prime positions in the standing area, you have to arrive at the venue very early (We got there at lunchtime to ensure being right on the barricade) whereas with the sitting, rock up half an hour before. Guess thats the trade-off, queuing now or on show day!

Last edited by spiral2spiral; 10-28-2010 at 01:50 PM..
OFFLINE |