View Single Post
rumpled4skin
06-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Fantastic show as always.

Two suprises for me. The first is that more people have not mentioned how awe inspiring the visual effects were for this show. Worth the price of admission just for that, IMHO. The second suprise was a joking, jovial MJK. A group hug at the end...who would have thought?

Here is my pros and cons list. I will start with the cons first (MUCH SHORTER LIST!!!!)

Cons:
Melt Banana - dear god. If you were there no explanation is required.
Volume for Vocals - Where I was sitting (Sec 101) I thought it would be better if the vocals were a little higher.
Ignorance - There were a group of tards in front of me bitching because they did not do an encore. Exact quote "I mean, shit, they're good and all, but they owe us at least one encore" Yes, OWE is what he said.
Winston - The Winston show is only 45 minutes away, but I am going to be out of town. Damn.

Pros
Visuals/Effects - I was blown away. It's one thing when a band uses an impressive effects show to hide the fact that they suck. But when you add something this fantastic to a band that already kicks ass, it's something special.
Song Selection - No, they did not play all my favorites, but I thought the song selection was well balanced. I have a new found respect for Wings for Marie after seeing it live. Ending with Lateralus and Vicarious, Flood thrown in...sweet.
Show Quality - I am reminded why no one else can hold a candle to Tool.

I hope I am wrong here, but did anyone else get a "Farewell Tour" feeling? The whole band seemed to be taking time to let it all sink in, like they were appreciating the moment. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/05 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center

Fantastic show as always.

Two suprises for me. The first is that more people have not mentioned how awe inspiring the visual effects were for this show. Worth the price of admission just for that, IMHO. The second suprise was a joking, jovial MJK. A group hug at the end...who would have thought?

Here is my pros and cons list. I will start with the cons first (MUCH SHORTER LIST!!!!)

Cons:
Melt Banana - dear god. If you were there no explanation is required.
Volume for Vocals - Where I was sitting (Sec 101) I thought it would be better if the vocals were a little higher.
Ignorance - There were a group of tards in front of me bitching because they did not do an encore. Exact quote "I mean, shit, they're good and all, but they owe us at least one encore" Yes, OWE is what he said.
Winston - The Winston show is only 45 minutes away, but I am going to be out of town. Damn.

Pros
Visuals/Effects - I was blown away. It's one thing when a band uses an impressive effects show to hide the fact that they suck. But when you add something this fantastic to a band that already kicks ass, it's something special.
Song Selection - No, they did not play all my favorites, but I thought the song selection was well balanced. I have a new found respect for Wings for Marie after seeing it live. Ending with Lateralus and Vicarious, Flood thrown in...sweet.
Show Quality - I am reminded why no one else can hold a candle to Tool.

I hope I am wrong here, but did anyone else get a "Farewell Tour" feeling? The whole band seemed to be taking time to let it all sink in, like they were appreciating the moment. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.
OFFLINE |