View Single Post
Satan's Caulk
05-05-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat
Singers don't usually hold up over time, think of other great tenors, many of them have had to call it quits before their 50s because the vocal cords just aren't as loose as they once were.

First off....Maynard is not tenor. Jose Cura, Rolando Villazon, Andsnes Bostridge, those are tenors. Maynard is a rock singer. Regardless, the male voice reaches it's prime at age 35 but tenors/baritones/basses sing well into their 60's if they really wanted to. I believe he just has to get used to live singing again. But he's not really a trained singer so maybe it is harder to sustain that "type" of tone and upper range without proper technique. Look at fucking Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden though, he's getting up there. What? He's in his late 50's and he fucking belts it still. I've seen Iron Maiden live a few times and Number of the Beast and the like he just wails on those high notes.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #65
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool getting older

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat
Singers don't usually hold up over time, think of other great tenors, many of them have had to call it quits before their 50s because the vocal cords just aren't as loose as they once were.

First off....Maynard is not tenor. Jose Cura, Rolando Villazon, Andsnes Bostridge, those are tenors. Maynard is a rock singer. Regardless, the male voice reaches it's prime at age 35 but tenors/baritones/basses sing well into their 60's if they really wanted to. I believe he just has to get used to live singing again. But he's not really a trained singer so maybe it is harder to sustain that "type" of tone and upper range without proper technique. Look at fucking Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden though, he's getting up there. What? He's in his late 50's and he fucking belts it still. I've seen Iron Maiden live a few times and Number of the Beast and the like he just wails on those high notes.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote