View Single Post
runninfromda50
09-24-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta77 View Post
The song uses cliches to attack the governemnt and the powerful. As in Russian formalism "make the stone stoney". In this passage the cliche is "snow job". So it basiclly means to rob the past to fool the future. The strong dictate history; Governments use their interpretations of events to control furture generations. Like everything history depends on perception. Thus, Robbing from history to fool the future.
I would have to agree with what vegeta stated. But that also can be interpreted many different ways. I personally believe the song is pointing out the hypocritical irony that alot of religious followers share. The next verse, "Soapbox house of cards and glass. So don't go tossin your stones around." refers to churches, and the historical act of stoning.

Last edited by runninfromda50; 09-24-2009 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Rob the grave to snow the cradle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta77 View Post
The song uses cliches to attack the governemnt and the powerful. As in Russian formalism "make the stone stoney". In this passage the cliche is "snow job". So it basiclly means to rob the past to fool the future. The strong dictate history; Governments use their interpretations of events to control furture generations. Like everything history depends on perception. Thus, Robbing from history to fool the future.
I would have to agree with what vegeta stated. But that also can be interpreted many different ways. I personally believe the song is pointing out the hypocritical irony that alot of religious followers share. The next verse, "Soapbox house of cards and glass. So don't go tossin your stones around." refers to churches, and the historical act of stoning.

Last edited by runninfromda50; 09-24-2009 at 12:46 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote