View Single Post
ElMaestro's Avatar ElMaestro
07-18-2010, 03:04 AM

Show number 9 for me. Drove up that morning from LA. Crowds for shows in places other than LA make for a more enjoyable experience. LA just brings out the douchebags. We got there about 30 minutes before it started so we had to walk like 3 blocks to get to the end of the line but lo and behold they took the back of the line and redirected us to the other side of the front of the venue so we were one of the first to get in! Right to the front of the merch table to get a signed poster and they only take cash. Luckily my roomie had 30 bucks to lend me. Met a cool dude from Santa Rosa in line. He was worried we wouldn't get posters cause some a-hole bought 25 of them. See you in hell douche! The poster came in the most unfriendly box like contraption which I had to akwardly hold onto the whole show. I was stoked to get the poster since I'm a collector but it did take away from the experience a bit.

When the lights went off I was half expecting to get bum rushed by all the metal heads that just don't understand the band. Fortunately that was not the the case. Third eye was awesome to finally see but I kind of wish it was later on in the setlist. Intolerence was AMAZING! The highlight of the night for me was the patient. Definitely one of my favorite songs.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "smashing of the iron gates" at the end of the show security had set up metal gates to keep 10000 people from
walking across the street blocking traffic. A bunch of us were trapped against it and one brave soul and rather large dude came up to a gate and started to push it down and security was screaming at him that he would "be patient" everyone would get across safety. So we followed him and bust that shit down. Sorry fellas your pitiful gates cannot contain us. An awesome ending to an awesome show.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.12.2010 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham

Show number 9 for me. Drove up that morning from LA. Crowds for shows in places other than LA make for a more enjoyable experience. LA just brings out the douchebags. We got there about 30 minutes before it started so we had to walk like 3 blocks to get to the end of the line but lo and behold they took the back of the line and redirected us to the other side of the front of the venue so we were one of the first to get in! Right to the front of the merch table to get a signed poster and they only take cash. Luckily my roomie had 30 bucks to lend me. Met a cool dude from Santa Rosa in line. He was worried we wouldn't get posters cause some a-hole bought 25 of them. See you in hell douche! The poster came in the most unfriendly box like contraption which I had to akwardly hold onto the whole show. I was stoked to get the poster since I'm a collector but it did take away from the experience a bit.

When the lights went off I was half expecting to get bum rushed by all the metal heads that just don't understand the band. Fortunately that was not the the case. Third eye was awesome to finally see but I kind of wish it was later on in the setlist. Intolerence was AMAZING! The highlight of the night for me was the patient. Definitely one of my favorite songs.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "smashing of the iron gates" at the end of the show security had set up metal gates to keep 10000 people from
walking across the street blocking traffic. A bunch of us were trapped against it and one brave soul and rather large dude came up to a gate and started to push it down and security was screaming at him that he would "be patient" everyone would get across safety. So we followed him and bust that shit down. Sorry fellas your pitiful gates cannot contain us. An awesome ending to an awesome show.
OFFLINE |