View Single Post
jaydfeldman's Avatar jaydfeldman
07-16-2010, 10:29 PM

Great show! Here are some highlights from my thirty-fifth Tool show.

My buddy Gabe's apartment was only a few blocks from the Bill Graham Civic and provided a great spot to get excited about the show.

I missed almost all of Jello Biafra (opener, formerly of Dead Kennedys), but heard him do Holiday in Cambodia while I was buying my poster. Got another unsigned - pretty cool Medusa-like head in blue. I got #400/400, so that's kinda cool. The signed ones were up to $120 (were only $100 at Red Rocks two weeks ago). The sound at Bill Graham was not as good as Red Rocks.

Maynard came out in a cop outfit - complete with mohawk - seemed to be gratuitously rubbing his crotch right at the start. Intolerance introduced with: "how many of you are under 21? You were sperm when we wrote this song." He also talked about this being kinda like "Back to the Future".

I decided that I was wrong about the 8-foot tall screen that runs the length of the stage, in the back, being a projection screen. I'm pretty sure this is actually LED, and pretty high resolution too (at least compared to the low res screens that move around throughout the show). The lasers were neat indoors since they were shining on the roof for added effect.

Still found Intolerance to be the highlight of the show for me. I just love the visceral material from Undertow. Although I am often a bit ambivalent about The Patient, it really is a different song live - very cool. The electronic transitions between songs are really cool. Liked the guitar/keyboard loop that Adam created and left for us as they took a break. As somebody else pointed out, the eyes of the web of beings during this intermission looked a bit like Spain flags - perhaps because of their World Cup championship the night before!

Great time, wonderful show, can't wait for the next one...
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #42
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.12.2010 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham

Great show! Here are some highlights from my thirty-fifth Tool show.

My buddy Gabe's apartment was only a few blocks from the Bill Graham Civic and provided a great spot to get excited about the show.

I missed almost all of Jello Biafra (opener, formerly of Dead Kennedys), but heard him do Holiday in Cambodia while I was buying my poster. Got another unsigned - pretty cool Medusa-like head in blue. I got #400/400, so that's kinda cool. The signed ones were up to $120 (were only $100 at Red Rocks two weeks ago). The sound at Bill Graham was not as good as Red Rocks.

Maynard came out in a cop outfit - complete with mohawk - seemed to be gratuitously rubbing his crotch right at the start. Intolerance introduced with: "how many of you are under 21? You were sperm when we wrote this song." He also talked about this being kinda like "Back to the Future".

I decided that I was wrong about the 8-foot tall screen that runs the length of the stage, in the back, being a projection screen. I'm pretty sure this is actually LED, and pretty high resolution too (at least compared to the low res screens that move around throughout the show). The lasers were neat indoors since they were shining on the roof for added effect.

Still found Intolerance to be the highlight of the show for me. I just love the visceral material from Undertow. Although I am often a bit ambivalent about The Patient, it really is a different song live - very cool. The electronic transitions between songs are really cool. Liked the guitar/keyboard loop that Adam created and left for us as they took a break. As somebody else pointed out, the eyes of the web of beings during this intermission looked a bit like Spain flags - perhaps because of their World Cup championship the night before!

Great time, wonderful show, can't wait for the next one...
OFFLINE |