View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/30 - Cardiff, UK - Cardiff International Arena

"I was seated again, and it'd have been great except that Wings I & II were spoiled due to three ignorant chumps sitting in the row behind who decided to TALK all the way through Wings for Marie and almost the entire way through 10,000 days"

----

I know what you mean -I was standing, and thoroughly annoyed when people started to do an ongoing clap throughout both of these songs. This just demonstrates that not everyone who was there understands the implications of Wings & Wings pt2 - I wish that hadn't had happened.

Despite this, Wings & Wings pt2 had to be the highlight for me. I was thrilled, as when I saw them at Hammersmith in June they didn't play them. The laser show was incredible, matched to the songs with such detail. I thought Maynard's voice faired well, apart from hitches when he put the gasmask on (serves him right -as I have a fear of them!).

Mastodon were disappointing - but at least there was a support act this time round.

Overall it was an excellent show - better than Hammersmith. Bring on the next tour.
OFFLINE |