View Single Post
Shinobu's Smile's Avatar Shinobu's Smile
04-16-2006, 02:51 PM

This could be just me "separating my body from my mind", but if you listen to vicarious at the 4:10 mark it sounds as if he is speaking backwards. Its just the way that the vocals fade in then cut out as each word is being said. I tried reversing the song but the vocals are a bit drowned out by the instruments. Perhaps this song has a hidden meaning just like No Quarter supposedly has. If any of you have any hitech software out there that can separate music, bass, and vocals, i emplore you to help me satisfy my curiosity. Also, there is talking in the background at 5:05 (Also like No Quarter has).

On a side note, the lyrics seem as if they would belong more to APC's third album eMotive then on an album following Lateralus. (But thats just my 2 cents)

Last edited by Shinobu's Smile; 04-16-2006 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Vicarious Backwards?

This could be just me "separating my body from my mind", but if you listen to vicarious at the 4:10 mark it sounds as if he is speaking backwards. Its just the way that the vocals fade in then cut out as each word is being said. I tried reversing the song but the vocals are a bit drowned out by the instruments. Perhaps this song has a hidden meaning just like No Quarter supposedly has. If any of you have any hitech software out there that can separate music, bass, and vocals, i emplore you to help me satisfy my curiosity. Also, there is talking in the background at 5:05 (Also like No Quarter has).

On a side note, the lyrics seem as if they would belong more to APC's third album eMotive then on an album following Lateralus. (But thats just my 2 cents)

Last edited by Shinobu's Smile; 04-16-2006 at 02:59 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote