View Single Post
thisismoc
07-15-2007, 12:04 AM

This was my second show, its been a long time since August 21 2002 but the show has only gotten better. From the cheap seats (sect 233, row L) the sound was amazingly better than expected. I am an audio engineer, and expected bad things going in. However the Meyer line array sounded great and really tamed the Times Union Arena's reverbarance. The band was amazing, great energy and pace to the show. Im stoked to have heard 46 & 2 and Flood. I would have loved to have heard The Pot, or Aenemia, but Lateralus and Vicarious were amazing. I really loved the idea of using the stage as a surface for the 6 projectors in the rigging (a treat for those of us in the nose bleeds) and the video imagery was intense. Other technical highs: Moving truss features were used very well, as was front-of-house lighting and lasers. Everyone loves lasers, and they were pretty awesome for the first few songs they were used in... but I actually grew kind of tired of them and wished they would stop for a song or two. But thats the only "gripe" i could come up with. The scrim-drop to reveal the back drape was cool, a nice carry-over from prior tours.

Musically, the show was tighter than the last I had seen. Excellent set list, an intense 2 hour show that left me satisfied.

Come back to upstate NY soon, as I have other friends to share this experience with.

And to the assholes who were throwing glowsticks at Maynard during Jambi & Stinkfist... why?

Also, to the cute teenage couple who sat behind me, why do you shell hout 40 bucks to go to a concert, only to talk about high-school bullshit for the entire show? Learn a little?

Spiral out...
Old 07-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/14 - Albany, NY - Times Forum Union

This was my second show, its been a long time since August 21 2002 but the show has only gotten better. From the cheap seats (sect 233, row L) the sound was amazingly better than expected. I am an audio engineer, and expected bad things going in. However the Meyer line array sounded great and really tamed the Times Union Arena's reverbarance. The band was amazing, great energy and pace to the show. Im stoked to have heard 46 & 2 and Flood. I would have loved to have heard The Pot, or Aenemia, but Lateralus and Vicarious were amazing. I really loved the idea of using the stage as a surface for the 6 projectors in the rigging (a treat for those of us in the nose bleeds) and the video imagery was intense. Other technical highs: Moving truss features were used very well, as was front-of-house lighting and lasers. Everyone loves lasers, and they were pretty awesome for the first few songs they were used in... but I actually grew kind of tired of them and wished they would stop for a song or two. But thats the only "gripe" i could come up with. The scrim-drop to reveal the back drape was cool, a nice carry-over from prior tours.

Musically, the show was tighter than the last I had seen. Excellent set list, an intense 2 hour show that left me satisfied.

Come back to upstate NY soon, as I have other friends to share this experience with.

And to the assholes who were throwing glowsticks at Maynard during Jambi & Stinkfist... why?

Also, to the cute teenage couple who sat behind me, why do you shell hout 40 bucks to go to a concert, only to talk about high-school bullshit for the entire show? Learn a little?

Spiral out...
OFFLINE |