View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 04:29 AM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I vote god

I vote god, but then again, I think we are all gods. And once you stop seeing maynard as something different or better than you, you will be closer to achieving many of your goals, just a maynard has.

As far as the original post, I would like to comment on how funny I think it is that Synthemesk was worried maynard was "bad" or "un-godlike" because he had sex. Not attacking you Synthemesk, just using this statement as an example on how many americans think (and often me, although I’m trying to correct it).

The american version of protestant christianity is an offshoot of Puratinism and Quakers. I know there are exceptions to this, but the puritan way of thinking has permeated almost all cultures and sects of christianity despite their origin. Puritans thought sex, the human body, having fun, dancing, and pleasure in general was evil. So therefore, many of us are the screwed up end product of this warped thinking. We were brought up to think sex, and our bodies, are evil and nasty. So guess what happened next? We start to believe WE are evil and nasty for liking and wanting to have sex. So we bottle up our urges because we think we are perverts. Now we transpose these negative, warped feeling about sexuality on our sexual relationships. The result? Americans have the highest rates in the world of every sexual crime you can imagine; rape, child molestation, etc. All of this sexual crime and we are more careful than the rest of world not to show a naked person on tv, or say dirty words that refer to our private parts (but on the other hand, any 10 year old can see a murder on network TV any night of the week). And if you don’t believe prohibition creates perversion, ask a catholic priest.

So yes, I believe a person can be good and have sex with a groupie. After all, Jesus had sex with Mary Magdalene (a Jesus groupie) and their children survived and went to southern France, and Jesus was a good person.

Last edited by Metatron's Cube; 12-23-2002 at 04:34 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote