View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 11:29 AM   #19
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Oww what wonderful luck you have great Kabir to be a liason from our dieties. For certainly you are our shaman. One so strange and on the fringe of our world, touched and blessed and changed by our beloved Gods.

Ok all kidding aside any performer knows that people will find them to be greater then life simply because what they are doing...creating is a force of divinity. We share in this ability we are capable of creating things however Tool as a whole not just Maynard have a great ability to create music that inspires and conveys a lot. We identify with anyone that is capable of moving us...anyone that can make our lives better should at one time be praised but not to the point of exaltation. He and they are just men and im sure in their off time they enjoy doing some less then divine things..."See you auntie" for instance or just chilling out eating listening to music or watching Jackass even. Just because someone is capable of creating beauty doesn't mean that this is the only thing that they do. When they are on stage they do a great job of portraying an alienness a distance and power that is created by their hidden nature (dark on stage) this allows the listeners to connect on this higher point because they realize they are just men...they realize that when we (if we were lucky) spoke to them (and not dribbled saying oww my god) that we would realize that we are no different then they are. That I think is perhaps the most inspiring thing about them...they ARE just men but they are capable of moving millions. What they do is beautiful and if I had to say it yes it is miraculous to move so many but as I said they are just men.

...But Kabir! *bows and grovels on the ground* Ohh great one who has blessed us with this forum in which to type I am your humble servant
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote