View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 11:15 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
hey, just wanna post a followup because the more I think about this topic the more it bugs me....

Basically to sum up the question I posed above what is the relationship between Tool, and their fans?

Let me share two experiences I've had with the band. After the Syracuse show this past tour, Me and my girl waited by the tour bus for TOOL to come out. After seeing an incredible show we were all jazzed up and everything and finally each member trickled out, starting with Adam. When he came out, the small crowd that had assembled there was quiet, an awkward quiet. It took me saying "yeah, Adam!" and clapping my hands for the rest of the crowd to do the same. Next was Maynard who came out wearing jeans and his G-mart t-shirt. This time the crowd instantly applauded. Then eventually Danny came out wearing a Fishbone tee, and then Justin. My point is that when these guys are on stage, THEY ARE GODS. But then seeing them after the show, it was like they were normal people that you could run into any day of the week....that is if you didn't know who they were. I think I just answered my own question. But I shall continue anyway....

Second experience, was the Halloween show this year at Nassau Coliseum in NY. This show was by far the best show I'd seen,, even surpassing the unbelievable Radio City show in manhattan. Anyway after the show, me and my girl did our normal routine of tracking down the tour buses(stalker-much?, heh) So we just chilled in my car(it was fucking freazing) "conveniently" parked right next to Meshuggah's bus and TOol's bus. We chilled there for a while, then all of a sudden Danny and two other guys walk by my car and started unloading some gear from the car parked right next to ours. Both of us were too much of a pussy to get out and say hello. My point here is to show the contrast between these GODS on stage, and normal people outside that arena.

I say they are Gods on stage because they are definitely distinct from ordinary people by that they can move, inspire, influence, and tear down massive crowds with the point of a finger, a strum of a note, or a glance of the eye.

By the way if you plan on posting the fact that I am a big fat lame dork, you mind as well save your precious time, because I already know that.

Sincerely,
Your Big Fat Lame Dork Tool Fan
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote