View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 04:55 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Maynard: Man or God??

Ok, I am still very conflicted on this, and am interested in everyone's take on this.

I've been to about 8 TOOL shows in my life(i catch em every chance i get) and guaranteed someone is gonna shout, "Maynard you are god!!" Everyone laughs and brushes it off and some parrot it. Recently I heard a story from a very reliable source in the industry about how Maynard slept with some groupie stripper chik. My intent is not to spread rumors here. Whether or not the story is true, I became very disheartened when I heard it. I always and still do hold Maynard to a very high ideal and respect, so what the fuck is doing sleeping with groupies? I consulted a fellow toolophile(who actually firmly believes MJK is of a non-human species) on this and he said,"hell ya, i'd do the same thing, he is a rockstar, THat doesn't detract from who he is or the music he puts out" That didn't make me feel any better.

My question to all you kidz is, Is Maynard just a man and person with needs, and desires, and sins, like anyone of us? Or is he something higher, something special that none of us can ever touch? Obviously Maynard is extremely intelligent, an amazing vocalist, an astonishing performer and I'm sure many other things. I'd like to think that in everyone us there is the potential to achieve the caliber of creativity that Maynard and TOOL have produced but does make what TOOL has done any less special? And furthermore, even if a band of TOOL's rank will never ever come out again because they are so far beyond human understanding, then does that exempt them from primal human urges and nature?

Very Curious as to how tool fans around the globe feel about this.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote