View Single Post
UFOtofu's Avatar UFOtofu
07-24-2006, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield823
I agree. My best friend and I both listen to them but I happened to buy the 10,000 Days album first. I was playing Jambi when he came in my room and right away he knew it was the new Tool album. It's still the same sound. But now that I've gotten off track...

I do think The Pot has double meanings, but both are related to hypocracy. I like you're interpretation but I also see the how the drug interpretation also works...alcohol is fine but weed isn't, etc.
On that note, I think ONE of the times he says...

"Got a little juiced up in your..."

instead of always

"Got lemon juice up in your..."

Otherwise, why have the "up" in there, other than to add a sylable, which I don't think he'd do. Maynard is quite capable of just singing "got lemon juice in your ..." and making it fit rhythmically. But "juiced up" would imply alcohol which brings us back to where you wrote "alcohol is fine but weed isn't, etc".

back on track...nice simple translation indeed. daddy likey.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #5

Bincount™: 24
Re: Simple "The Pot" Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield823
I agree. My best friend and I both listen to them but I happened to buy the 10,000 Days album first. I was playing Jambi when he came in my room and right away he knew it was the new Tool album. It's still the same sound. But now that I've gotten off track...

I do think The Pot has double meanings, but both are related to hypocracy. I like you're interpretation but I also see the how the drug interpretation also works...alcohol is fine but weed isn't, etc.
On that note, I think ONE of the times he says...

"Got a little juiced up in your..."

instead of always

"Got lemon juice up in your..."

Otherwise, why have the "up" in there, other than to add a sylable, which I don't think he'd do. Maynard is quite capable of just singing "got lemon juice in your ..." and making it fit rhythmically. But "juiced up" would imply alcohol which brings us back to where you wrote "alcohol is fine but weed isn't, etc".

back on track...nice simple translation indeed. daddy likey.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote