View Single Post
TheJameck's Avatar TheJameck
07-21-2006, 11:53 AM

Because "The Pot" was made to be a single, Im thinking that its meaning was intentionaly dulled down to be easily understood by the massess, not just tool junkies.

I think this whole song is about President Bush and the war in Iraq.

"Who are you to wave your finger?"
Dealing with the obvious hyporcritacal views of our beloved leader, dealing with foreign leaders and their policies.

"Eyeballs deep in muddy waters Fuckin' hypocrite"
More of tools occasional deadball honesty, this line I believe is half stating the fact and other half getting his own personal anger out on the President.

"Kangaroo done hung the guilty with the innocent"
Im thinking this has something to do with killing of innocent people during the course of the war. In the coalitions attempt to capture and or kill members of the insurgentcy, innocent people of been caught in the crossfire. So were killing the innocent to kill the guilty.

Let me hear what you think.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Simple "The Pot" Translation

Because "The Pot" was made to be a single, Im thinking that its meaning was intentionaly dulled down to be easily understood by the massess, not just tool junkies.

I think this whole song is about President Bush and the war in Iraq.

"Who are you to wave your finger?"
Dealing with the obvious hyporcritacal views of our beloved leader, dealing with foreign leaders and their policies.

"Eyeballs deep in muddy waters Fuckin' hypocrite"
More of tools occasional deadball honesty, this line I believe is half stating the fact and other half getting his own personal anger out on the President.

"Kangaroo done hung the guilty with the innocent"
Im thinking this has something to do with killing of innocent people during the course of the war. In the coalitions attempt to capture and or kill members of the insurgentcy, innocent people of been caught in the crossfire. So were killing the innocent to kill the guilty.

Let me hear what you think.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote