View Single Post
drawesome
07-22-2009, 11:15 AM

3rd show drove up by myself from SLC slept in Laramie Wyoming gas station parking lot. I haven't been to a fest show before so was excited. The Black Keys came on before TOOL at a nearby tent after Incubus bored me-saw Inc in New Zealand high school gym they destroyed it. I saw TBK in SLC two days before today although in Denver they were super into it-definitely pumped me up for TOOL. TBK are from Ohio where MJK is from sorta. I liked the guest drummer TBK's Patrick Carney's bongo drum whatever he did with Lateralus. It was a nice new twist on the song. BTW it wasn't a drum off like DC did w/ Trans Am in '07 or like I heard DC did w/ Meshuggah drummer on Lateralus tour. PC is shy and resembles Jermaine from Flight of the Concords so he looked out of his element.

I completely agreed w/ poster "Frosty Nugs" dissertation but then "The Maestro" (Seinfeld episode?) came in with a really good reply to FN that made me think twice and finally yaco03 really ended that debate with his art speech which I appreciated reading. Thank you all for sharing good insights-I love this site.

Ok so all of the stats of the show have been disc so I will stick to my thoughts and feelings on said stats. I felt like I could die on drive home and be happy after being transfigured at the show. Seeing the stars in sky above and just a sea of people on either side getting lost between the sounds really did it for me. I had a strong craving for knowledge after the show like I wanted to read-it was weird. Instead I bought some ground up magic shroom honey sucker on a wendys spoon tied with a ribbon bow from a kid on sidewalk. That should be interesting. I showered at that nearby TA truck stop for $10 before driving home. I was thirsty now for living water so put on Salival and rededicated myself to living in the moment.

Going back to the Mile High Fest here may I comment on TOOL's apparent random or improv intro/outro/interludes etc? I loved it! I have read that Led Zeppelin were often criticized for doing their crazy 30 min live songs rather than sticking to the studio material. Kids wanted to see them play what they heard on the radio not drift off into seemingly sloppy solos. The LZ live albums are my favorite so to hear TOOL do some of that thrilled me. I felt rather edified from the experience(s).

Last edited by drawesome; 07-22-2009 at 01:14 PM..
Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.18.09 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Fest

3rd show drove up by myself from SLC slept in Laramie Wyoming gas station parking lot. I haven't been to a fest show before so was excited. The Black Keys came on before TOOL at a nearby tent after Incubus bored me-saw Inc in New Zealand high school gym they destroyed it. I saw TBK in SLC two days before today although in Denver they were super into it-definitely pumped me up for TOOL. TBK are from Ohio where MJK is from sorta. I liked the guest drummer TBK's Patrick Carney's bongo drum whatever he did with Lateralus. It was a nice new twist on the song. BTW it wasn't a drum off like DC did w/ Trans Am in '07 or like I heard DC did w/ Meshuggah drummer on Lateralus tour. PC is shy and resembles Jermaine from Flight of the Concords so he looked out of his element.

I completely agreed w/ poster "Frosty Nugs" dissertation but then "The Maestro" (Seinfeld episode?) came in with a really good reply to FN that made me think twice and finally yaco03 really ended that debate with his art speech which I appreciated reading. Thank you all for sharing good insights-I love this site.

Ok so all of the stats of the show have been disc so I will stick to my thoughts and feelings on said stats. I felt like I could die on drive home and be happy after being transfigured at the show. Seeing the stars in sky above and just a sea of people on either side getting lost between the sounds really did it for me. I had a strong craving for knowledge after the show like I wanted to read-it was weird. Instead I bought some ground up magic shroom honey sucker on a wendys spoon tied with a ribbon bow from a kid on sidewalk. That should be interesting. I showered at that nearby TA truck stop for $10 before driving home. I was thirsty now for living water so put on Salival and rededicated myself to living in the moment.

Going back to the Mile High Fest here may I comment on TOOL's apparent random or improv intro/outro/interludes etc? I loved it! I have read that Led Zeppelin were often criticized for doing their crazy 30 min live songs rather than sticking to the studio material. Kids wanted to see them play what they heard on the radio not drift off into seemingly sloppy solos. The LZ live albums are my favorite so to hear TOOL do some of that thrilled me. I felt rather edified from the experience(s).

Last edited by drawesome; 07-22-2009 at 01:14 PM..
OFFLINE |