View Single Post
Jorge's Avatar Jorge
07-21-2009, 09:53 PM

This show changed my life. I bought tickets when they played in the small venue in vegas, but then danny tore his bicept and I couldn't make it to the other date. Then I bought tickets when they rolled through missoula, MT for 10k days, maynard had a throat infection, and they cancelled that show. So now, on my third ticket purchase, I FINALLY got to see them! (before they all need canes)

I'm really surprised by all the negative reviews. I don't think its necessary to rebut all the complaints, but I just don't see how a tool fan could not enjoy the show. I would pay the price again tomorrow to hear the same exact setlist. I've listened to every tool song sooo many times, but to see them looking into each other's eyes, reading each other, feeding off each other, improvising, jamming - was beautiful.

A funny highlight for me: before lateralus when maynard says "we have a very special guest tonight", this drunk ass next to me starts screaming "LARS ULRICH! LARS ULRICH! LARS ULRICH!" After maynards pause to build the suspense... "boobies!" haha! and then into lateralus which, for me, was the highlight. Danny really let loose in the intro, which I never saw coming. It was like hearing the song for the first time. Unbelievable.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 07.18.09 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Fest

This show changed my life. I bought tickets when they played in the small venue in vegas, but then danny tore his bicept and I couldn't make it to the other date. Then I bought tickets when they rolled through missoula, MT for 10k days, maynard had a throat infection, and they cancelled that show. So now, on my third ticket purchase, I FINALLY got to see them! (before they all need canes)

I'm really surprised by all the negative reviews. I don't think its necessary to rebut all the complaints, but I just don't see how a tool fan could not enjoy the show. I would pay the price again tomorrow to hear the same exact setlist. I've listened to every tool song sooo many times, but to see them looking into each other's eyes, reading each other, feeding off each other, improvising, jamming - was beautiful.

A funny highlight for me: before lateralus when maynard says "we have a very special guest tonight", this drunk ass next to me starts screaming "LARS ULRICH! LARS ULRICH! LARS ULRICH!" After maynards pause to build the suspense... "boobies!" haha! and then into lateralus which, for me, was the highlight. Danny really let loose in the intro, which I never saw coming. It was like hearing the song for the first time. Unbelievable.
OFFLINE |