View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2006/08/22 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place

FUCK YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It was my 6th show, but probably THE BEST. I was front row floor, RIGHT in front of Justin and Danny, and THIS was how I always wanted to see Tool. Without going too into it, the up close perspective was INTENSE. It was so intimate. We saw every bead of sweat dripping off Justin's face (I kid you not), I could see every expression on Danny's face.

MAYNARD was obviously in a REALLY good mood, which just made the whole night. He was saying things like "It is an HONOUR, and a PLEASURE to be in our favorite English speaking country in North America" (exact quote). After one song, he also smiled and said "FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!"

I have never seen Maynard moving/dancing so much as this show. He was SO into it, stomping around, giving his little kicks, gyrating and dancing. It could have been 1996 again, when he used to paint himself blue! The funniest move was what he did during the intro to Jambi. Can't explain, you had to see it. It was EVIL.

What else to say? Danny was a MACHINE, Adam sounded great, Justin rocked out harder than anyone else. Setlist was awesome (finally heard The Pot!), but to me, the best song by FAR was: Rosetta Stoned. It was UNBELIEVABLE. I can't put it into words. It just rocked SOOOOOOOOO fucking hard. One of the best (if not the best) live song I have EVER SEEN. Period.

After the show, my brother called my cell phone. Him and his girlfriend had seats up in the upper balcony. I talked briefly to his girlfriend, who never liked Tool, or even much rock music before. She was stunned speechless, she just kept saying "I can't believe it.. I can't believe I was there... That was the greatest fucking concert I've ever seen! That was.. that was... that was SO INSANE!" Ah yes, a new fan is born

And finally, here's my personal highlight: I had a "moment" with Maynard!!! It was during the "sit down" break they do. After it had gone on for awhile, everyone in the front row was applauding, but just sort of standing still. Suddenly I screamed, leaned as far forward as I could over the barrier, and pointed both my arms and hands straight at them. I think they all glanced over, but Maynard looked RIGHT at me, smirked, shrugged, and mouthed the words "What?". I was SO stunned, I just gave him two thumbs up, and screamed "FUCKING AWESOME!". He chuckled, then stood up, and they went into the encore. I'm not just imagining this, my friend saw the whole thing happen!

Lastly, he dropped a hint that they'd be back soon. SSSSWWWWEEEEEEEET!

Last edited by evil agent; 08-23-2006 at 12:58 AM..
OFFLINE |