View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

Great show, although it was a bit hard to see over all the people heads in front of us, since we were on the floor in Sec 6 (center of the section) right next to the soundboard. The sound was great - with plugs in of course.

I was really into the whole show, but Wings/10,000 Days had me transfixed (with the sound/lasers) - and Lateralus (more lasers) right after. Then my wife (who isn't really a Tool fan - but came along for the ride) tells me she needs to leave or she was going to freak??? I oblige, as much as I really don't want to leave the show - but hey I have seen hundreds of live shows in my lifetime (I am 47 years old) and saw Tool on the Lateralus tour, so you do what you have to for your loved ones.

My wife, even though she was wearing earplugs, said the music was just TOO INTENSE for her (she said it never let up), and the sound pressure was making her dizzy, lightheaded and she couldn't breathe. She was starting to have a lot of anxiety - so we walked out 1/2 way through Vicarious. I was bummed, but I saw 95% of a great show.

The only negative is my wife said she will never see Tool again, so I have to find someone else to go with (as none of my friends even like Tool - or even heard of them!!! - I guess that is what happens when you get older and your friends stay with the music they loved when they were 17 - 24 and never move on, while I continue to love the music from all eras - and keep expanding my horizons with new music as well). Oh, I have been a Tool fan since Undertow came out, yet didn't see them live until the Lateralus tour.

Last edited by MT25; 10-07-2006 at 10:40 AM..
OFFLINE |