View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 01:29 AM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

another amazing show! same setlist, but I think that's the idea. I'd expect more variety during the spring tour... most people aren't going to every single city, so for those of us who make a couple of shows in a row that happen within close proximity of each other should know to expect the same set and not be dissapointed with it. the lateralus tour was no different in this aspect.

i was very dissapointed with the sound quality in wilkes barre and was hoping to replace my most recent tool experience with a much better appreciation for the sound, and I got exactly what I wanted. Perhaps my center ice seat at wilkes barre wasn't a good location for the sound but I heard that venue usually has shitty sound to begin with.

so I wanna give a big thanks to my new friend Gary who totally hooked me up at the last minute with all of the tickets I needed, I will definitely be in touch.

section 215, row 12, seat 3 tonight, which was off to the side of where adam stands, upper tier, directly in line across the stage, perfectly centered between maynard and danny to my left, then a little behind adam and justin...

the best view I ever had of Danny for sure, and of course, since he is the man, without a doubt it was a real treat to catch his most killer demonstrations only a god of drumming could evoke...

I couldn't be happier with the way the band played once again tonight, and maynard sounded pretty good and was more talkative than wilkes barre.

Did anyone get to meet any band members after the show? I didn't get to read all the reviews yet, but I know people were getting to meet some of them before, but the only buses I saw, as I were told, was for the crew...

what a sweet fucking show...

and for everyone who wants a different set, I would guess that next spring will probably be more of a variety of all of their albums, plus the new songs from 10,000 days might have more refined stage theatrics... well the whole production might get better theatrics like the lateralus tour... that's my guess anyway, it seems logical to me.
OFFLINE |