View Single Post
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etamina View Post
I'm surprised to see that so many don't believe there is signficance to be found in this track.

Even tracks like Die Eier Von Satan are telling us something, even if the message isn't direct.

Tool is a serious project. All of it's members can exert themselves creatively in other ways, and I don't believe they're "just having fun" when they get together to make an album. They have a message to share, and they havean intention that cannot be denied.

I agree that they don't want the sweetest fruits of their labor to be obvious, to be picked quickly. But there is nothing readily intelligable about Viginti Tres, and seems unfair to accept it at face value as nothing more than an ambient, creepy track to wrap up 10,000 days.

Remember, this is a voice, and so immediately becomes less abstract. It is at least one word with a definite meaning.

I have no concrete answers, but I agree with Ascisco. It makes the most sense contextually, and if we can agree that this is this voice of God (per Tool), then I wouldn't count on the words being English.

Part of Tool's beauty is rediscovering more ways to percieve their art, and given their history, anything submitted by them to the world should be seen as inspired until proven arbitrary.
Of course, because Tool has no sense of humor and everything they do is deliberate and with impeccable seriousness.

Ever listened to Maynard's Dick, Hooker With A Penis?? Of course if you're into finding the underlying meaning behind the almighty cock then have at it.

On the other side, I know what you're saying but all I'm saying is some things Tool does is just meant at a face value without the layered hidden messages.

"lay off the acid dickhead, no puzzles here"
Old 05-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #89
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: What the hidden message is really saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etamina View Post
I'm surprised to see that so many don't believe there is signficance to be found in this track.

Even tracks like Die Eier Von Satan are telling us something, even if the message isn't direct.

Tool is a serious project. All of it's members can exert themselves creatively in other ways, and I don't believe they're "just having fun" when they get together to make an album. They have a message to share, and they havean intention that cannot be denied.

I agree that they don't want the sweetest fruits of their labor to be obvious, to be picked quickly. But there is nothing readily intelligable about Viginti Tres, and seems unfair to accept it at face value as nothing more than an ambient, creepy track to wrap up 10,000 days.

Remember, this is a voice, and so immediately becomes less abstract. It is at least one word with a definite meaning.

I have no concrete answers, but I agree with Ascisco. It makes the most sense contextually, and if we can agree that this is this voice of God (per Tool), then I wouldn't count on the words being English.

Part of Tool's beauty is rediscovering more ways to percieve their art, and given their history, anything submitted by them to the world should be seen as inspired until proven arbitrary.
Of course, because Tool has no sense of humor and everything they do is deliberate and with impeccable seriousness.

Ever listened to Maynard's Dick, Hooker With A Penis?? Of course if you're into finding the underlying meaning behind the almighty cock then have at it.

On the other side, I know what you're saying but all I'm saying is some things Tool does is just meant at a face value without the layered hidden messages.

"lay off the acid dickhead, no puzzles here"