View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nietzsche and Parabola

Another similarity to point out between the Ubermensch, in Parabola, and Zarathustra, is that according to your explanation, Ubermensch Tricky (hehe, that's funny sounding) is in a sense preaching to the little guy... When he fails to teach the little guy, he returns to seclusion, just as Zarathustra (Zoraster) did when he failed to teach the herd...

Maybe the movie DOES have something to do with Nietzsche!!!

Now that I think about it, it really makes perfect sense to me. In a sense, the video is the book Thus Spake Zarathustra with an added twist in the end...

Ubermensch Tricky is a hermit, is all enlightened and stuff... (I know, I have such an enlightened way of putting things) and is thus higher up the ladder (though not quite there)
Ubermensch Tricky attempts to teach the herd...
Ubermensch Tricky fails to teach the herd...
Ubermensch Tricky retreats back into seclusion...
Ubermensch Tricky becomes Ubermensch, as he is no longer attempting to "teach" (preach) the herd, and thus removing the herd's authoritive crutch... He allows the herd to make decisions for itself, putting them and himself higher up the ladder.

That's how I see it anyways... Actually, I have to admit: I was damned surprised when I saw the word "Nietzsche" on the internet. And here I was thinking that philosophers are a dying breed....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote