Thread: Opinions?
View Single Post
cliche101's Avatar cliche101
11-19-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronman View Post
Dude, I came back and listened again and I have to say that you have some pretty cool stuff. The only song i didn't really get into was 'In the Storm' just because it seemed a little more improvised than totally structured, but i'm not tryin' to knock your tunes.

Cynic Release: I really like the riff that comes in around 0:20 and 0:40 and I think you are a killer lead guitar player...serious, I play and I know that you ain't fuckin around... props.

The Collective: This was probably my fav. out of the four. I liked the buildup of the song around 1:20, that lick is intense and i think you tore it up from there on actually. I dig that jam.

The System: cool i think, mostly because I dig the whole keyboard thing. The first guitar solo was kinda low in the mix and really reverberated. Just some constructive criticism on that....i think maybe if you tried a different tone, a little more volume and less reverb it would be a lot more intense...i dunno, I think you write fairly well and considering that you play everything yourself and invest the money to produce your own stuff, i tip my hat to you...you've got heart.

How many songs do you have total?
Yes the storm was improvised. There are no keyboards in The System it is all guitar with a digitech whammy type pedal. I probably have over 50 songs but a lot are more like 3min sketches than actual songs.

Thanks for the comments!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 209
Re: Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronman View Post
Dude, I came back and listened again and I have to say that you have some pretty cool stuff. The only song i didn't really get into was 'In the Storm' just because it seemed a little more improvised than totally structured, but i'm not tryin' to knock your tunes.

Cynic Release: I really like the riff that comes in around 0:20 and 0:40 and I think you are a killer lead guitar player...serious, I play and I know that you ain't fuckin around... props.

The Collective: This was probably my fav. out of the four. I liked the buildup of the song around 1:20, that lick is intense and i think you tore it up from there on actually. I dig that jam.

The System: cool i think, mostly because I dig the whole keyboard thing. The first guitar solo was kinda low in the mix and really reverberated. Just some constructive criticism on that....i think maybe if you tried a different tone, a little more volume and less reverb it would be a lot more intense...i dunno, I think you write fairly well and considering that you play everything yourself and invest the money to produce your own stuff, i tip my hat to you...you've got heart.

How many songs do you have total?
Yes the storm was improvised. There are no keyboards in The System it is all guitar with a digitech whammy type pedal. I probably have over 50 songs but a lot are more like 3min sketches than actual songs.

Thanks for the comments!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote