laerfan
08-24-2007, 03:07 AM

More detailed Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions (short)
Stinkfist (not extended)
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (slightly extended plus with fast section towards end)
Rosetta Stoned (NO Lost Keys at all, straight into it)

break (Viginti Tres and some kind of electronic sound playing out while the lights and lasers above the stage moved about a bit like alien spacecrafts!)

Wings For Marie...
...10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Herman Lee from Dragonforce playing 5 min+ solo in middle)
Vicarious

Maynard was HILARIOUS tonight. He was completely in a cowboy mood, making lasoo motions over his head during Jambi and The Pot. Anybody else notice his subtle-ish advertising of Puscifer with his leather jacket? Absolutely hilarious when he took the toilet paper during Herman Lee's solo and blew it up in the air with the fan. He also had a set of scorecards put by the drums and during Lateralus he gave Danny a 3 as a joke. Then he took a number 9 and turned it upside-down for Herman Lee's solo before taking an 8 and giving him a 98! When they finished up Lateralus he said that he almost gave Danny an A but he nealry dropped a stick so he wasn't getting it.

Also, what was with the Ramones t-shirt, Maynard? Love the mohawk, and I thought Rosetta Stoned's lyrics were fast, wait til you hear him live! It's like 3 times faster. Comedic genius.

The gig was superb, with Lateralus a clearly obvious highpoint. Wings/10,000 Days was epic as always, definitely getting a better response than earlier in the tour when nobody seemed to know it very well. The Pot was surprisingly good live once again. I've seen it twice now and it blows the record version away in person.

The sound was really great and as my first time in Brixton Academy, it's up there with the best venues in the world. Truly beautiful place for a gig, especially one like this. We flew over from Dublin and it was so worth the money and effort.

Adam seemed somewhat worried throughout. He was clearly visible on the left of the stage all throughout the prep before they came on. He seemed quite sedate and made a few little mistakes, it seems like something was bothering him. He looked completely delighted at the end, maybe his worries were laid to rest? Either way, he was awesome.

A few niggling things about the gig:

Jambi is only a half-decent opener. It's well known now, but it doesn't quite pack the punch of previous openers like Stinkfist, The Grudge etc.

Vicarious is not really a closing song. It pleases the crowd, fair enough, but they've far better closing songs. Aenema, Third Eye and of course Lateralus spring immediately to mind. Perhaps having Vicarious second-last just before Lateralus would make a truly epic ending to any gig.

They completely ignore Undertow and Opiate these days. We need something like Sober, Part of Me, Opiate or Prison Sex occasionally. I know it's the setlist they want to play, seeing as they've not really changed it in over a year, but it is getting a little tired, especially Rosetta Stoned, which is a little long and could easily be substitued for two early songs and make everyone a lot happier.

But they are only minor things. I really cannot complain. Tool are and always will be the most incredible live spectacle ever. Visually, aurally, atmospherically and emotionally, they are in a league of their own and are the best band in the world, as this gig proved once again.

Brilliant.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:07 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/22 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

More detailed Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions (short)
Stinkfist (not extended)
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (slightly extended plus with fast section towards end)
Rosetta Stoned (NO Lost Keys at all, straight into it)

break (Viginti Tres and some kind of electronic sound playing out while the lights and lasers above the stage moved about a bit like alien spacecrafts!)

Wings For Marie...
...10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Herman Lee from Dragonforce playing 5 min+ solo in middle)
Vicarious

Maynard was HILARIOUS tonight. He was completely in a cowboy mood, making lasoo motions over his head during Jambi and The Pot. Anybody else notice his subtle-ish advertising of Puscifer with his leather jacket? Absolutely hilarious when he took the toilet paper during Herman Lee's solo and blew it up in the air with the fan. He also had a set of scorecards put by the drums and during Lateralus he gave Danny a 3 as a joke. Then he took a number 9 and turned it upside-down for Herman Lee's solo before taking an 8 and giving him a 98! When they finished up Lateralus he said that he almost gave Danny an A but he nealry dropped a stick so he wasn't getting it.

Also, what was with the Ramones t-shirt, Maynard? Love the mohawk, and I thought Rosetta Stoned's lyrics were fast, wait til you hear him live! It's like 3 times faster. Comedic genius.

The gig was superb, with Lateralus a clearly obvious highpoint. Wings/10,000 Days was epic as always, definitely getting a better response than earlier in the tour when nobody seemed to know it very well. The Pot was surprisingly good live once again. I've seen it twice now and it blows the record version away in person.

The sound was really great and as my first time in Brixton Academy, it's up there with the best venues in the world. Truly beautiful place for a gig, especially one like this. We flew over from Dublin and it was so worth the money and effort.

Adam seemed somewhat worried throughout. He was clearly visible on the left of the stage all throughout the prep before they came on. He seemed quite sedate and made a few little mistakes, it seems like something was bothering him. He looked completely delighted at the end, maybe his worries were laid to rest? Either way, he was awesome.

A few niggling things about the gig:

Jambi is only a half-decent opener. It's well known now, but it doesn't quite pack the punch of previous openers like Stinkfist, The Grudge etc.

Vicarious is not really a closing song. It pleases the crowd, fair enough, but they've far better closing songs. Aenema, Third Eye and of course Lateralus spring immediately to mind. Perhaps having Vicarious second-last just before Lateralus would make a truly epic ending to any gig.

They completely ignore Undertow and Opiate these days. We need something like Sober, Part of Me, Opiate or Prison Sex occasionally. I know it's the setlist they want to play, seeing as they've not really changed it in over a year, but it is getting a little tired, especially Rosetta Stoned, which is a little long and could easily be substitued for two early songs and make everyone a lot happier.

But they are only minor things. I really cannot complain. Tool are and always will be the most incredible live spectacle ever. Visually, aurally, atmospherically and emotionally, they are in a league of their own and are the best band in the world, as this gig proved once again.

Brilliant.
OFFLINE |