View Single Post
duncang's Avatar duncang
08-23-2007, 11:42 AM

Did anyone else notice the (-) Ions noise before 46&2? I was thinking "Third Eye? Nooo way.", and I wasn't at all disappointed when they went into 46&2 because it's my favourite song off Ænima, even though I had seen it before at the Apollo last year. The set was fantastic, way better than Hammersmith and I'm very lucky I didn't buy tickets for the night before instead, or I wouldn't have heard Wings, which I hadn't before!

I was on my own last night (simply because my Tool-liking friends were all either broke or on holiday) and, as someone said, I was able to immerse myself more in it, and I really did, mostly during Wings, Schism and Lateralus. I probably pissed off a few people around me, but not nearly as much as the rather large mosh pit going on near us (during Wings!?). Also there was a very annoying tall guy with dreads who pushed around a lot, got in my way too much (14 years old, can't see things y'know) and fucked off for a drink during Wings.

On Lateralus, I was laughing too much to really notice the whole Danny/Herman battle thing but I did notice Herman kinda sucking and Danny being awesome. For a lot of his appearance it seemed to me that Herman was trying too hard to be like Adam, playing all about 5 different notes repetitively, in an Eon Blue Apocalypse kinda fashion. I was quite annoyed but only because they did it during that song. When I went at Hammersmith I wasn't really able to get into it because I was getting pushed around so much but this time they mucked around during it. I would be fine with it if it were any other song but it really pissed me off simply because that's twice I wasn't able to really get into what I think is the best song ever written.

Still though, incredible show, best show I've ever been to, beating them last year, and Metallica at Wembley (after that show I was wondering whether or not this would be better).

Cheers to the guy who stopped that crowdsurfer from bashing my head in with his foot.

EDIT: Btw paraflux, might wanna mention Schism was extended and Rosetta had no Lost Keys.
Be A Human
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2007/08/22 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Did anyone else notice the (-) Ions noise before 46&2? I was thinking "Third Eye? Nooo way.", and I wasn't at all disappointed when they went into 46&2 because it's my favourite song off Ænima, even though I had seen it before at the Apollo last year. The set was fantastic, way better than Hammersmith and I'm very lucky I didn't buy tickets for the night before instead, or I wouldn't have heard Wings, which I hadn't before!

I was on my own last night (simply because my Tool-liking friends were all either broke or on holiday) and, as someone said, I was able to immerse myself more in it, and I really did, mostly during Wings, Schism and Lateralus. I probably pissed off a few people around me, but not nearly as much as the rather large mosh pit going on near us (during Wings!?). Also there was a very annoying tall guy with dreads who pushed around a lot, got in my way too much (14 years old, can't see things y'know) and fucked off for a drink during Wings.

On Lateralus, I was laughing too much to really notice the whole Danny/Herman battle thing but I did notice Herman kinda sucking and Danny being awesome. For a lot of his appearance it seemed to me that Herman was trying too hard to be like Adam, playing all about 5 different notes repetitively, in an Eon Blue Apocalypse kinda fashion. I was quite annoyed but only because they did it during that song. When I went at Hammersmith I wasn't really able to get into it because I was getting pushed around so much but this time they mucked around during it. I would be fine with it if it were any other song but it really pissed me off simply because that's twice I wasn't able to really get into what I think is the best song ever written.

Still though, incredible show, best show I've ever been to, beating them last year, and Metallica at Wembley (after that show I was wondering whether or not this would be better).

Cheers to the guy who stopped that crowdsurfer from bashing my head in with his foot.

EDIT: Btw paraflux, might wanna mention Schism was extended and Rosetta had no Lost Keys.
Be A Human
OFFLINE |