View Single Post
fredski
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHStrother View Post
I finally saw some benefit of being a Toolarmy member after all of these years - section 104, Row G. Unbelievable seats right in front of Adam.

On more than one occasion I had the "Adam is staring right at me" syndrome that many tool fans have experienced. He's probably just in a daze but it's a pretty cool feeling - you don't know what to do - you instinctively want to say something but instead you just do stupid shit like give him a thumbs up or - like the guy in front of me - give him a "rock on" pinky & pointer finger salute. Little did this guy know that Adam wasn't really looking at him, just me - haha.

As great as the seats were - Tool has and always will be about the music for me - so hearing practically the same setlist five times in the last 12 months (NYC, NYC, East Rutherford, A/C, PNC) takes a little toll on the experience.

The exception here was Flood - this is long-standing favorite of mine and was executed flawlessly - for me it was the highlight of the show.

Security was really a pain in the ass in this section - constantly distracting with their flashlights and bothering everone who was just trying to take a crapppy cell-phone shot.

Maynard came out with what looked to be an unlit cigarette in his mouth, cowboy hat and what appeared to be a stick-on beard of sorts. It came off shortly into the set.

The drumoff was pretty cool - Danny is pretty amazing, seeing him up close gives you an even greater appreciation for how good he is.

I'm wondering, Tool tour in '08 or is it back to the drawing board for the 2011 album! I have just one selfish wish between now and 2011 - that they give up the major stage productions of large venues, lights, lasers, fog, drumoffs, etc. and concentrate on a varied set list again - like the good old days...one can dream, can't they?
100% agree with last statement. Loved the major production, but how about an in between album tour with Pushit and all the other tunes not covered on the 2006 - 2007 tour. Maybe release live album and support that like some other bands do. Next tour try heading out of the NYC area for a show. Reading, PA ; Wilkes Barre, PA; Albany, NY was easier with security. My Daughter was doing shots and video clips on the cell phone without question. I don't think that would have been allowed at the Continental Arena, although we didn't have the camera phone with us that night.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHStrother View Post
I finally saw some benefit of being a Toolarmy member after all of these years - section 104, Row G. Unbelievable seats right in front of Adam.

On more than one occasion I had the "Adam is staring right at me" syndrome that many tool fans have experienced. He's probably just in a daze but it's a pretty cool feeling - you don't know what to do - you instinctively want to say something but instead you just do stupid shit like give him a thumbs up or - like the guy in front of me - give him a "rock on" pinky & pointer finger salute. Little did this guy know that Adam wasn't really looking at him, just me - haha.

As great as the seats were - Tool has and always will be about the music for me - so hearing practically the same setlist five times in the last 12 months (NYC, NYC, East Rutherford, A/C, PNC) takes a little toll on the experience.

The exception here was Flood - this is long-standing favorite of mine and was executed flawlessly - for me it was the highlight of the show.

Security was really a pain in the ass in this section - constantly distracting with their flashlights and bothering everone who was just trying to take a crapppy cell-phone shot.

Maynard came out with what looked to be an unlit cigarette in his mouth, cowboy hat and what appeared to be a stick-on beard of sorts. It came off shortly into the set.

The drumoff was pretty cool - Danny is pretty amazing, seeing him up close gives you an even greater appreciation for how good he is.

I'm wondering, Tool tour in '08 or is it back to the drawing board for the 2011 album! I have just one selfish wish between now and 2011 - that they give up the major stage productions of large venues, lights, lasers, fog, drumoffs, etc. and concentrate on a varied set list again - like the good old days...one can dream, can't they?
100% agree with last statement. Loved the major production, but how about an in between album tour with Pushit and all the other tunes not covered on the 2006 - 2007 tour. Maybe release live album and support that like some other bands do. Next tour try heading out of the NYC area for a show. Reading, PA ; Wilkes Barre, PA; Albany, NY was easier with security. My Daughter was doing shots and video clips on the cell phone without question. I don't think that would have been allowed at the Continental Arena, although we didn't have the camera phone with us that night.
OFFLINE |