View Single Post
HOTSAUCEMAN's Avatar HOTSAUCEMAN
07-19-2007, 12:40 PM

My sixth show of the 10,000 Days Tour. It's up there but not my favorite. I think it's my fault though. I read the reviews too much and am a bit too nerdy with TOOL so it's not as fresh as if I was new to them. Coachella was amazing that way, we hadn't seen them in 5 or so years and it was like being a kid again at xmas... noone knew what to expect.

I took my girlfriend this time and she's never seen them before and she loved it. Always great to enlist another believer... hehe.

The Cons: I was expecting a bit better sound as I was right next to the soundboard. Don't get me wrong, the sound was good but just not as crisp as I've heard them at other outdoor arenas. Maynard's vocals were just a tad bit muddy at times is all really.
The crowd was pretty lame but I didn't notice too many people taking pictures. There were a couple of girls in front of me that kept taking pictures of themselves blasting a flash in my eyes for a few minutes... pretty annoying...
The venue's 3 beer rule felt too oppressive. I wasn't really in the mood to drink anyway but just seeing that they were restricting people's intake made me feel a bit dirty.

The Pros: FLOOD! The visuals during FLOOD were pretty amazing. The drum off between the Big Business drummer and Danny was exceptional... that kids got a future in front of him for sure.

All in all a great TOOL show ... I've been seeing them since the Ænima days and it's great that they are still providing badass shows for us to see. Nitpick all you want... it's still the best rock show going on in the world in my opinion...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

My sixth show of the 10,000 Days Tour. It's up there but not my favorite. I think it's my fault though. I read the reviews too much and am a bit too nerdy with TOOL so it's not as fresh as if I was new to them. Coachella was amazing that way, we hadn't seen them in 5 or so years and it was like being a kid again at xmas... noone knew what to expect.

I took my girlfriend this time and she's never seen them before and she loved it. Always great to enlist another believer... hehe.

The Cons: I was expecting a bit better sound as I was right next to the soundboard. Don't get me wrong, the sound was good but just not as crisp as I've heard them at other outdoor arenas. Maynard's vocals were just a tad bit muddy at times is all really.
The crowd was pretty lame but I didn't notice too many people taking pictures. There were a couple of girls in front of me that kept taking pictures of themselves blasting a flash in my eyes for a few minutes... pretty annoying...
The venue's 3 beer rule felt too oppressive. I wasn't really in the mood to drink anyway but just seeing that they were restricting people's intake made me feel a bit dirty.

The Pros: FLOOD! The visuals during FLOOD were pretty amazing. The drum off between the Big Business drummer and Danny was exceptional... that kids got a future in front of him for sure.

All in all a great TOOL show ... I've been seeing them since the Ænima days and it's great that they are still providing badass shows for us to see. Nitpick all you want... it's still the best rock show going on in the world in my opinion...
OFFLINE |