View Single Post
Mr. Keed
07-19-2007, 11:18 AM

Eighth show since last May and it just doesn't get old. First let me say that PNC has become a complete shithole and I will avoid going there at all costs in the future if I can. After a nice long line to get in it was about 10 mins to 9. So do I wait 15 mins to use the bathroom or 15 mins on a line to get a wristband to get on another long ass line for an 8.00 beer where your id is checked another fucking time no matter if you have gray hair and slap your dentures on the counter. Then they have to check everyone lawn tickets (first time I've ever seen that bit of retardedness there, I guess we cant have all the people with seats sneaking out to stand behind everyone on the lawn where they can't see). Thank you PNC for making one of my favorite places for a summer show the new biggest piece of shit venue in the area.
Ok, enough negativity. In spite of every last effort of that place to ruin my night they failed miserably. The band actually sounded great on the lawn. The vocals were a bit louder than most shows I've seen but the spoken stuff between songs was a bit tough to make out. I may be wrong but I think Maynard was referring to the "crazy bastards" I read about a day or two ago who were 2 people pulled over driving naked somewhere and then led police on a high speed chase at the end of which it was discovered they were drunk as well as naked (could be wrong but still pretty damn funny). Adam and Justin were flawless as usual and Danny just continues to amaze me more every time I see him. After this many shows I can still pick out these little nuances that I've never picked up before. Same setlist, sure, but If you listen close enough there is always more to be heard. And the lat breakdown sounded even more ferocious than saturday's. That kid may be no Danny but he's still pretty fucking good. Oh and all the people who felt the need to discuss whatever the fuck they had to talk about during 10k days and the other low instrumental stuff can just suck a big dick. Isn't there a 20 minute beer line you assholes can wait on instead of pissing on everyone elses good time.
Anyways thanks to the band for yet another amazing tour, no band out there can compare in my opinion. Hope to see more in the fall but if they want to collapse from exhaustion then I'll understand :).
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Eighth show since last May and it just doesn't get old. First let me say that PNC has become a complete shithole and I will avoid going there at all costs in the future if I can. After a nice long line to get in it was about 10 mins to 9. So do I wait 15 mins to use the bathroom or 15 mins on a line to get a wristband to get on another long ass line for an 8.00 beer where your id is checked another fucking time no matter if you have gray hair and slap your dentures on the counter. Then they have to check everyone lawn tickets (first time I've ever seen that bit of retardedness there, I guess we cant have all the people with seats sneaking out to stand behind everyone on the lawn where they can't see). Thank you PNC for making one of my favorite places for a summer show the new biggest piece of shit venue in the area.
Ok, enough negativity. In spite of every last effort of that place to ruin my night they failed miserably. The band actually sounded great on the lawn. The vocals were a bit louder than most shows I've seen but the spoken stuff between songs was a bit tough to make out. I may be wrong but I think Maynard was referring to the "crazy bastards" I read about a day or two ago who were 2 people pulled over driving naked somewhere and then led police on a high speed chase at the end of which it was discovered they were drunk as well as naked (could be wrong but still pretty damn funny). Adam and Justin were flawless as usual and Danny just continues to amaze me more every time I see him. After this many shows I can still pick out these little nuances that I've never picked up before. Same setlist, sure, but If you listen close enough there is always more to be heard. And the lat breakdown sounded even more ferocious than saturday's. That kid may be no Danny but he's still pretty fucking good. Oh and all the people who felt the need to discuss whatever the fuck they had to talk about during 10k days and the other low instrumental stuff can just suck a big dick. Isn't there a 20 minute beer line you assholes can wait on instead of pissing on everyone elses good time.
Anyways thanks to the band for yet another amazing tour, no band out there can compare in my opinion. Hope to see more in the fall but if they want to collapse from exhaustion then I'll understand :).
OFFLINE |