View Single Post
Harrybacrach
07-19-2007, 05:56 AM

This was my 3rd and I believe favorite show to date. I will go see these guys everytime they come around from now on. I'm totally addicted now. I first saw them at MSG 2001 for Lateralus. They were great. For this show I was pretty far up on the lawn so I really couldn't see that well but I got to experience the whole stage show this time. I was always on the floor at the other shows. Let me tell you that their stage show is the best of any band out there now I would say. I can imagine what it would be like on acid but then again with a show like they put on you really don't need it. SO much to look at and experience. This time was special because of all the improv. After smoking a j and standing for a couple of hours the extended intros get a little long and old but the songs were good. Highlights were definitely Flood and the drum solos. Danny is just frightening on the kit. The sounds that Adam gets his rig to make are unreal. Just the fact that they are such a tight live act speaks volumes to their hard work. It's like listening to the CD even if the sound wasn't that good up on the lawn. A little more from Undertow or AEnima would have been cool. A pit started on the lawn behind me and people started sliding down the muddy hill. It was pretty cool minus the moshing. It's cool to mosh if that's your thing but not on a wet hill. Come on man... Oh yeah, people from Jersey by in large are douche bags, not all of us are once you get to know us though. Big ups to a sick show and a sick band!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:56 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

This was my 3rd and I believe favorite show to date. I will go see these guys everytime they come around from now on. I'm totally addicted now. I first saw them at MSG 2001 for Lateralus. They were great. For this show I was pretty far up on the lawn so I really couldn't see that well but I got to experience the whole stage show this time. I was always on the floor at the other shows. Let me tell you that their stage show is the best of any band out there now I would say. I can imagine what it would be like on acid but then again with a show like they put on you really don't need it. SO much to look at and experience. This time was special because of all the improv. After smoking a j and standing for a couple of hours the extended intros get a little long and old but the songs were good. Highlights were definitely Flood and the drum solos. Danny is just frightening on the kit. The sounds that Adam gets his rig to make are unreal. Just the fact that they are such a tight live act speaks volumes to their hard work. It's like listening to the CD even if the sound wasn't that good up on the lawn. A little more from Undertow or AEnima would have been cool. A pit started on the lawn behind me and people started sliding down the muddy hill. It was pretty cool minus the moshing. It's cool to mosh if that's your thing but not on a wet hill. Come on man... Oh yeah, people from Jersey by in large are douche bags, not all of us are once you get to know us though. Big ups to a sick show and a sick band!
OFFLINE |