View Single Post
jjmcf
07-13-2007, 06:13 AM

my .02:

maynard was very subdued, no soundbytes. i had hyped my gf so much because she's not a concert-goer. I had seen them 5 times before, and figured her first experience would be sour if everything wasn't perfect, so i gave up our 10th row for 20th row more in the center, to some ecstatic guys who way overpaid for their 20th row. as such i didn't notice that justin was slamming beers during the drumoff, and i imagine we missed some other subtleties.

a tool show with no maynard soundbytes of note is disappointing to me, but that's just me. i figured it was because of it being an outdoor show, they need to stop at a certain time due to noise regulations. all-in-all, id rather hear the music obviously anyway.

the drumoff was incredible and flood was the shit. and yes, we did get pushit as well. lateralus was a religious experience. i never expect absolute perfection in musicianship from tool, so no biggies there. y'alls need to remember maynard's not just punk kid on a red bull/sobi energy molotov cocktail anymore, and he manages his energy extremely well.

great show all in all, but i probably wont see them outdoors again. when it feels rushed it sucks a little.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

my .02:

maynard was very subdued, no soundbytes. i had hyped my gf so much because she's not a concert-goer. I had seen them 5 times before, and figured her first experience would be sour if everything wasn't perfect, so i gave up our 10th row for 20th row more in the center, to some ecstatic guys who way overpaid for their 20th row. as such i didn't notice that justin was slamming beers during the drumoff, and i imagine we missed some other subtleties.

a tool show with no maynard soundbytes of note is disappointing to me, but that's just me. i figured it was because of it being an outdoor show, they need to stop at a certain time due to noise regulations. all-in-all, id rather hear the music obviously anyway.

the drumoff was incredible and flood was the shit. and yes, we did get pushit as well. lateralus was a religious experience. i never expect absolute perfection in musicianship from tool, so no biggies there. y'alls need to remember maynard's not just punk kid on a red bull/sobi energy molotov cocktail anymore, and he manages his energy extremely well.

great show all in all, but i probably wont see them outdoors again. when it feels rushed it sucks a little.
OFFLINE |