View Single Post
dmurphy
07-12-2007, 04:25 PM

Long time fan, first time to a concert. Well worth the very long drive up and the very long drive back. Completely missed Big Business and actually had no idea that they had already played by the time I got to the floor. I wasn't sure if things were running late but then the familiar sounds of Tool came on and I saw the boys walk onto the stage and the place went nuts.

Loved their version of the Brain Candy song. I kinda thought it was coming because I read the Hamilton review earlier that day. I'm not going to comment on all the songs because the were all flawless, intense and energetic. I don't know if anyone else saw a water bottle fly past Adam's head early in Stinkfist, but i'm pretty sure it landed right in front of Maynard's riser. He, at the time, was grabbing his own bottle of water and did not see it hit the stage. What possess someone to throw an object at a band that is here to give you one of your best concert experiences of your life? For shame.

Like I said, this was my first show so I don't have anything to judge the crowd on but they seemed extremely loud and fairly well behaved (didn't see one camera flash go off). Maynard was pretty quiet and maybe thats because he was feeding off the energy of the crowd.

Exceeded my expectations at every level and I can only hope they make at least one more visit to Canada. Oh yeah...got a setlist too. Nice little piece of memorabilia.

Also, i'm very stupid because I didn't bring enough money to the concert to get a shirt. I cannot find one anywhere on the internet for purchase. Does anyone know where I can find a 2007 concert shirt!?

Last edited by dmurphy; 07-12-2007 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Because i'm lame
Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/10 - Montreal, QC - Bell Center

Long time fan, first time to a concert. Well worth the very long drive up and the very long drive back. Completely missed Big Business and actually had no idea that they had already played by the time I got to the floor. I wasn't sure if things were running late but then the familiar sounds of Tool came on and I saw the boys walk onto the stage and the place went nuts.

Loved their version of the Brain Candy song. I kinda thought it was coming because I read the Hamilton review earlier that day. I'm not going to comment on all the songs because the were all flawless, intense and energetic. I don't know if anyone else saw a water bottle fly past Adam's head early in Stinkfist, but i'm pretty sure it landed right in front of Maynard's riser. He, at the time, was grabbing his own bottle of water and did not see it hit the stage. What possess someone to throw an object at a band that is here to give you one of your best concert experiences of your life? For shame.

Like I said, this was my first show so I don't have anything to judge the crowd on but they seemed extremely loud and fairly well behaved (didn't see one camera flash go off). Maynard was pretty quiet and maybe thats because he was feeding off the energy of the crowd.

Exceeded my expectations at every level and I can only hope they make at least one more visit to Canada. Oh yeah...got a setlist too. Nice little piece of memorabilia.

Also, i'm very stupid because I didn't bring enough money to the concert to get a shirt. I cannot find one anywhere on the internet for purchase. Does anyone know where I can find a 2007 concert shirt!?

Last edited by dmurphy; 07-12-2007 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Because i'm lame
OFFLINE |