View Single Post
Ewang
07-10-2007, 09:46 PM

What a great fucking show! So much better than the June 24th show, and I had worse tickets for July 9th!

I can only think of a few things that would have made it better:

1) Crazy group of drunk 15 year old girls in section 219... Screaming for the first... 4-5 songs before they finally shut up.

2) Section 219 was dead... couple of people standing in the front... middle was all dead and sitting...

3) Vocals again on the beginning of Rosetta Stoned were... well didn't really hear anything other than drums and guitars.

Now for the good stuff...

1) The visuals... from where I was sitting (Section 219, Row 11, the VERY back across from the stage) were AMAZING. The lazers... the stage... everything... perfect.

2) Sound quality: Other than the Rosetta Stoned beginning it was so much clearer than the June 24th show, which in-turn made it an even better concert.

3) Danny Carey: The solo's and fills... this man is nothing short of a Machine.

4) FLOOD! During the intro just before the cover I knew it was coming... no one else around me, not even my friends, knew what song was coming up and I went ballistic. The Kids in the Hall cover was amazing.. but the actual song was just so much better. The visuals of the huge wave crashing and the thunderish lighting effects pushed this song over the edge, and I'm glad... Just wow.

5) Wings/10 000 Days: This was probably my 2nd favorite songs both nights. The song it's self just touchs me a certain way... beautiful song. Then add in the lazers, the lighters and the passion that Maynard puts into this song... astounding.

6) Lateralus: Highlight of the night, bar none. This song just packs a punch that I don't think any other song I'll hear in concert will ever have. Again, amazing visuals... but this time with a larger crowd, that was overall more into the music... I was at a loss for words after this song.

In closing... best concert of my life. Can't wait for the boys to come back to Ontario so I can have another amazing time. See you guys next time!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #38
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

What a great fucking show! So much better than the June 24th show, and I had worse tickets for July 9th!

I can only think of a few things that would have made it better:

1) Crazy group of drunk 15 year old girls in section 219... Screaming for the first... 4-5 songs before they finally shut up.

2) Section 219 was dead... couple of people standing in the front... middle was all dead and sitting...

3) Vocals again on the beginning of Rosetta Stoned were... well didn't really hear anything other than drums and guitars.

Now for the good stuff...

1) The visuals... from where I was sitting (Section 219, Row 11, the VERY back across from the stage) were AMAZING. The lazers... the stage... everything... perfect.

2) Sound quality: Other than the Rosetta Stoned beginning it was so much clearer than the June 24th show, which in-turn made it an even better concert.

3) Danny Carey: The solo's and fills... this man is nothing short of a Machine.

4) FLOOD! During the intro just before the cover I knew it was coming... no one else around me, not even my friends, knew what song was coming up and I went ballistic. The Kids in the Hall cover was amazing.. but the actual song was just so much better. The visuals of the huge wave crashing and the thunderish lighting effects pushed this song over the edge, and I'm glad... Just wow.

5) Wings/10 000 Days: This was probably my 2nd favorite songs both nights. The song it's self just touchs me a certain way... beautiful song. Then add in the lazers, the lighters and the passion that Maynard puts into this song... astounding.

6) Lateralus: Highlight of the night, bar none. This song just packs a punch that I don't think any other song I'll hear in concert will ever have. Again, amazing visuals... but this time with a larger crowd, that was overall more into the music... I was at a loss for words after this song.

In closing... best concert of my life. Can't wait for the boys to come back to Ontario so I can have another amazing time. See you guys next time!
OFFLINE |