View Single Post
phishman1's Avatar phishman1
07-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third_BuckEye View Post
It was a great show but I'd like some opinions of those who were at the Wolstein Center last September. I don't think the sound was as good this time around. I could barely hear MJK most of the show. I think part of the problem could be the acoustics of the Chevy Center. My seats for both shows were identical in relation to the stage (center upper level). I believe it was a different sound system this time also but I am by no means an expert. Wolstein just sounded much more crisp and that was the better show for me.
It all depends on where you were sitting. For the Wolstein Center show in September, we were on the side, pretty close to the stage. The sound then was completely blown out, distorted, and simply too loud.

For the Youngstown show on Sunday, we were in 219 in the back corner, and the sound was amazing. Crystal clear. I really wish that I had drug out my recording equipment to tape this show. I'm sure it would have sounded amazing.

So, yeah...it all depends on where you're sitting. Everyone who was real close to the stage is saying that they couldn't hear Maynard. It's because the sound from the front of house system was going right over your heads and you were just hearing all the bassier tones.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467
Re: 2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third_BuckEye View Post
It was a great show but I'd like some opinions of those who were at the Wolstein Center last September. I don't think the sound was as good this time around. I could barely hear MJK most of the show. I think part of the problem could be the acoustics of the Chevy Center. My seats for both shows were identical in relation to the stage (center upper level). I believe it was a different sound system this time also but I am by no means an expert. Wolstein just sounded much more crisp and that was the better show for me.
It all depends on where you were sitting. For the Wolstein Center show in September, we were on the side, pretty close to the stage. The sound then was completely blown out, distorted, and simply too loud.

For the Youngstown show on Sunday, we were in 219 in the back corner, and the sound was amazing. Crystal clear. I really wish that I had drug out my recording equipment to tape this show. I'm sure it would have sounded amazing.

So, yeah...it all depends on where you're sitting. Everyone who was real close to the stage is saying that they couldn't hear Maynard. It's because the sound from the front of house system was going right over your heads and you were just hearing all the bassier tones.
OFFLINE |