View Single Post
Mr.Mephistophelies
06-27-2007, 11:38 AM

This was my 4th Tool show. Three at the Xcel and one at the Target Center. I had never seen a show at the Target Center before the Tool show in Sept 06 and probably everyone in Minnesota who appreciates music knows this but the sound in the Target Center is absolutely horrible, I would much rather be at the Xcel. Anyway on with the review.

The energy of the band and the crowd together was unbelievable...I don't think that I have heard a crowd roar like that since the Twins won the World Series in 87. I finally got to see Danny Carey do a live drum solo and it was awesome. Maynard left the stage, Adam and Justin turned around to face "the kit" and Danny & the drummer from Big Business went on a spree which seemed to last for a half-hour...fantastic.

They had a great setlist. All of the above are correct. I was really hoping to hear Right in Two but we got an extra special treat instead...Flood - Completely unexpected. I was in sec. 105, row 4, seat 15 and I could hear Maynard's lyrics just fine - He was right on as well as the band...perfect. I've read some other reviews for other shows stating that the band sounded slowed down - well this was untrue for last night. I still have yet to see a band out-perform Tool live. I'm not just saying that because Tool is my favorite band either - it's just that no one compares to their live sound.

One thing that I found amusing was that no one around me seemed to know what song they were playing when Flood was on. Even after the show I was talking to random people about Flood and the overall response was: Huh, oh yeah. Who are these people??? Sad really, you don't even know the band's older music. And to everyone out there who goes to Tool to mosh...Go home! Or go join the army if you really need a reason to kill people. Tool is not moshing music. It is very intricate, precise, artistic and meaningful music that you should respect and be greatful that you get the chance to hear the boys play their music live for you. Thank you, TOOL, for yet another outstanding performance. You left me leaving once again with goosebumps.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

This was my 4th Tool show. Three at the Xcel and one at the Target Center. I had never seen a show at the Target Center before the Tool show in Sept 06 and probably everyone in Minnesota who appreciates music knows this but the sound in the Target Center is absolutely horrible, I would much rather be at the Xcel. Anyway on with the review.

The energy of the band and the crowd together was unbelievable...I don't think that I have heard a crowd roar like that since the Twins won the World Series in 87. I finally got to see Danny Carey do a live drum solo and it was awesome. Maynard left the stage, Adam and Justin turned around to face "the kit" and Danny & the drummer from Big Business went on a spree which seemed to last for a half-hour...fantastic.

They had a great setlist. All of the above are correct. I was really hoping to hear Right in Two but we got an extra special treat instead...Flood - Completely unexpected. I was in sec. 105, row 4, seat 15 and I could hear Maynard's lyrics just fine - He was right on as well as the band...perfect. I've read some other reviews for other shows stating that the band sounded slowed down - well this was untrue for last night. I still have yet to see a band out-perform Tool live. I'm not just saying that because Tool is my favorite band either - it's just that no one compares to their live sound.

One thing that I found amusing was that no one around me seemed to know what song they were playing when Flood was on. Even after the show I was talking to random people about Flood and the overall response was: Huh, oh yeah. Who are these people??? Sad really, you don't even know the band's older music. And to everyone out there who goes to Tool to mosh...Go home! Or go join the army if you really need a reason to kill people. Tool is not moshing music. It is very intricate, precise, artistic and meaningful music that you should respect and be greatful that you get the chance to hear the boys play their music live for you. Thank you, TOOL, for yet another outstanding performance. You left me leaving once again with goosebumps.
OFFLINE |