View Single Post
cjtool
06-27-2007, 08:56 AM

I have mixed feeling about this show. This was my 4th (3rd on this tour). As far as the performance, it was flawless. These guys continue to get better and tighter every time I see them. Very musically gifted.
The crowd SUCKED where I was. We were right next to the sound board, and most of the people around us were standing with arms folded the WHOLE time. BTW if you have a girlfriend who is 4'2" don't bring her on the floor! Nobody knew what was going on when Flood started ,and that song stole the show as far as I'm concerned.
Not saying it was a bad experience, just didn't have the same electricity the Target Center and Orpheum had.
Sound was really good where we were. For about the first 4 songs, you could hear Maynard clearly. I then remember thinking "it's not loud enough", almost immediately I looked at the tech and saw him messing with the board. At that point it was really good volume for all but Maynard. I think Schism was the last song we could make out what he was saying.

All in all very solid show.
Lasers were very cool, but people, Rush had lasers like that in 1988 it's not that new. Tool did however incorporate them perfectly with their music.

Tool is still the best out there. I hope they continue to create great music so we can see them again.

Peace the fuck out!

Last edited by cjtool; 06-27-2007 at 01:42 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

I have mixed feeling about this show. This was my 4th (3rd on this tour). As far as the performance, it was flawless. These guys continue to get better and tighter every time I see them. Very musically gifted.
The crowd SUCKED where I was. We were right next to the sound board, and most of the people around us were standing with arms folded the WHOLE time. BTW if you have a girlfriend who is 4'2" don't bring her on the floor! Nobody knew what was going on when Flood started ,and that song stole the show as far as I'm concerned.
Not saying it was a bad experience, just didn't have the same electricity the Target Center and Orpheum had.
Sound was really good where we were. For about the first 4 songs, you could hear Maynard clearly. I then remember thinking "it's not loud enough", almost immediately I looked at the tech and saw him messing with the board. At that point it was really good volume for all but Maynard. I think Schism was the last song we could make out what he was saying.

All in all very solid show.
Lasers were very cool, but people, Rush had lasers like that in 1988 it's not that new. Tool did however incorporate them perfectly with their music.

Tool is still the best out there. I hope they continue to create great music so we can see them again.

Peace the fuck out!

Last edited by cjtool; 06-27-2007 at 01:42 PM..
OFFLINE |