View Single Post
shab's Avatar shab
06-25-2007, 03:57 AM

Maynard comes out saying ''Good evening, one of our favourite places to play'', of course the place goes nuts. I have no understanding of the people complaining about the crowd, they must not have been at the floor to feel the energy, needless to say, you need not be at the floors to feel that sort of energy, you only need to let yourself go.
I love how people shamelessly criticize the band for not playing supposed ''album versions'' of the songs. You have to have at least some sense of music before you say something like that, and to say that a ''prog rock'' band like Tool should not include any improv elements or extended instrumental bits is ridicilously sensless and outright ignorant in my perspective.
On that note, they played ''(-) Ions'' for a bit again, and it was exciting as hell. Songs were brilliantly performed. The whole band was very very into it. I have never seen Adam move that much. He actually came to the middle of the stage for the Schism extension and orchestrated the whole movement himself. He was genuinely loving it.
Nothing to say about Danny, monster now and monster always.
Same with Justin, except for a couple of missed notes in 10000 days (he's playing barehand mind you) he was stellar, so stellar that he vibrates most his energy to the crowd.
Maynard did not say anything else until the end of Lateralus when we did that little get your Tool on bit. He said that he's ''giving us a little treat'' and that if they were to do it at some place like Florida, they wouldn't get it. Of course like anyone there, I expected Pushit at that moment, but knowing the previous setlists, it was a longshot. I'm hoping we get it on the 9th.
Intension and Right in to were amazing to hear live. I love it that some of you can consider those an empty pair of songs. Not enough lyrics for ya to memorize?Too many timing changes? awww poor fucking kids. Anyone that has the slightest knowledge of music would know that such songs represent the epitome of Tool's progressive and story-like elements. Especially songs like Rosetta or Pushit.
Rosetta was spot on by the way. I have never enjoyed it as much as I did last night and this with Maynard messing up many of his lines during the song, so imagine how impressive the rest were.
Big Business was ridicilous. You can see how King Buzzo has influenced these kids and they are a powerful duo. I hadn't heard them live before and now conclude that they ROCK!Exactly the performance I needed before Tool.

Above everything, thanks Tool, for giving us the experience, for blessing and moving us with those sounds, for showing us where it all begins.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/24 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum

Maynard comes out saying ''Good evening, one of our favourite places to play'', of course the place goes nuts. I have no understanding of the people complaining about the crowd, they must not have been at the floor to feel the energy, needless to say, you need not be at the floors to feel that sort of energy, you only need to let yourself go.
I love how people shamelessly criticize the band for not playing supposed ''album versions'' of the songs. You have to have at least some sense of music before you say something like that, and to say that a ''prog rock'' band like Tool should not include any improv elements or extended instrumental bits is ridicilously sensless and outright ignorant in my perspective.
On that note, they played ''(-) Ions'' for a bit again, and it was exciting as hell. Songs were brilliantly performed. The whole band was very very into it. I have never seen Adam move that much. He actually came to the middle of the stage for the Schism extension and orchestrated the whole movement himself. He was genuinely loving it.
Nothing to say about Danny, monster now and monster always.
Same with Justin, except for a couple of missed notes in 10000 days (he's playing barehand mind you) he was stellar, so stellar that he vibrates most his energy to the crowd.
Maynard did not say anything else until the end of Lateralus when we did that little get your Tool on bit. He said that he's ''giving us a little treat'' and that if they were to do it at some place like Florida, they wouldn't get it. Of course like anyone there, I expected Pushit at that moment, but knowing the previous setlists, it was a longshot. I'm hoping we get it on the 9th.
Intension and Right in to were amazing to hear live. I love it that some of you can consider those an empty pair of songs. Not enough lyrics for ya to memorize?Too many timing changes? awww poor fucking kids. Anyone that has the slightest knowledge of music would know that such songs represent the epitome of Tool's progressive and story-like elements. Especially songs like Rosetta or Pushit.
Rosetta was spot on by the way. I have never enjoyed it as much as I did last night and this with Maynard messing up many of his lines during the song, so imagine how impressive the rest were.
Big Business was ridicilous. You can see how King Buzzo has influenced these kids and they are a powerful duo. I hadn't heard them live before and now conclude that they ROCK!Exactly the performance I needed before Tool.

Above everything, thanks Tool, for giving us the experience, for blessing and moving us with those sounds, for showing us where it all begins.
OFFLINE |