View Single Post
CopperGoat's Avatar CopperGoat
06-24-2007, 09:59 PM

mattz1010, I was in section 209 row 11.

The show was alright, but I was disappointed at times:

couldn't hear maynard many times

guitar was too overpowering and it didn't play the solos or certain parts didn't "sound" right as it should have been played ie the album. what gives? his "improvization" wasn't that good.

there were alot of breaks where they didn't really play anything good. it was just noises and sounds of monotonous notes, feedback and the like, "ambience" but in reality, rubbish. When they "improvized" there were no melodies at all, what's with them not being able to play melodies?

I'm disappointed that they played 10,000 Days and Right in Two, these songs are too repetitive and not as creative or varied. It was worse when Adam didn't play certain parts as it should have been played for these songs.

To the guy that said people were unenthusiastic, there's a reason for that, we don't want to hear white noise and empty sounds that are just filler, the music should be played how it's supposed to be played, aka the album. Tool as a band is not the improvizational type, it is wholly like Richard Wagner's Total Artwork requiring perfectionism, meticulous order and kick ass clearly audible riffs, not defeaning and monotonous feedback, distortion

-- Woody Allen
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #15
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2007/06/24 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum

mattz1010, I was in section 209 row 11.

The show was alright, but I was disappointed at times:

couldn't hear maynard many times

guitar was too overpowering and it didn't play the solos or certain parts didn't "sound" right as it should have been played ie the album. what gives? his "improvization" wasn't that good.

there were alot of breaks where they didn't really play anything good. it was just noises and sounds of monotonous notes, feedback and the like, "ambience" but in reality, rubbish. When they "improvized" there were no melodies at all, what's with them not being able to play melodies?

I'm disappointed that they played 10,000 Days and Right in Two, these songs are too repetitive and not as creative or varied. It was worse when Adam didn't play certain parts as it should have been played for these songs.

To the guy that said people were unenthusiastic, there's a reason for that, we don't want to hear white noise and empty sounds that are just filler, the music should be played how it's supposed to be played, aka the album. Tool as a band is not the improvizational type, it is wholly like Richard Wagner's Total Artwork requiring perfectionism, meticulous order and kick ass clearly audible riffs, not defeaning and monotonous feedback, distortion

-- Woody Allen
OFFLINE |